Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nice gun room setup

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That is an impressive collection. My wife would divorce me.

The poster said he didn't buy any since 2005 so he bought them on the cheap. Best damn investment a guy could make. I've done the same and the wife never understood but since I started thinning the herd and put the funds in savings she gets the good idea now.

Wmiller07

So what guns would you invest in now? I've been thinking about doing this too but can't convince the wife.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I invest in 22 caliber Military Trainers mainly USA and Isreali. Plus target rifles. Almost all of my 'tickle my fancy' buying is in the past.
I've never asked the wife to buy gun but I'm unusable that I use wheeling and dealing funds for buys and never household funds.
I've lived 51 yrs of marriage by these rules.
If it's legal, moral, I think it's a good decision, and I have the extra funds I probably will do it. Now I'm selling off and banking the funds but I did just pick up a new Isreali Trainer yesterday.

Wmiller07

Congrats on 51 years of marriage and that makes sense. I do the same as in I don't buy a gun unless we have extra money. However with 2 small kids having extra money is a rarity. I have just been thinking about what I should invest in and since I know a little about guns and I like them I figured that would be a good one. However I do know ow its very easy to get burned on a gun if you don't know what you're doing.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
That's pretty cool. I know some guys with mind boggling collections. I recently met a friend of a friend who has over 2000 guns, good stuff not junk. A guy I occassionally talk to has this collection

As far as what to collect, find something you really like. Then regardless of what prices do you'll enjoy owning and using them.

Wmiller07

That's quite a collection. Are those ruger number ones at the top right? I really like Browning A5s and have thought about collecting those.