Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 6

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Checking in. This morning was 43 degrees when I woke up. If that doesn't have you pumped for season I don't know what does. Where all do you guys hunt. I hunt athens and Meigs counties in SE ohio.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I hunt mostly in my home state of New Hampshire. Bow starts here tomorrow. I'll be in Ohio late October hunting with Brock. Pretty sure I'll be in Ross County. The past 4 years I've mostly hunted Muskingum. Really looking forward to my trip this year. First time on private land.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Opening day here. I'm up, showered and headed out the door in a few minutes with my coffee. Even though I hunt I am not a morning person. Waking up at 345am SUCKS!

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Skunked but I could only sit for 2 hours. Had to get back home and get some work done. I hate it when the season starts mid-week. Still felt good to be in a tree again though.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
No but I should be! Just got settled in and I'm sweating like a hog. There's a brook behind my stand. I'm thinking I should go sit in it instead of this tree.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Are you wearing shorts and crocks??? lol

Lol, I hate hunting in high temps! I'd rather it be too cold than to hot. I always take my hat off when I'm walking just so the heat from my body can escape a little but when it's that hot it's down right miserable!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
No but I should be! Just got settled in and I'm sweating like a hog. There's a brook behind my stand. I'm thinking I should go sit in it instead of this tree.

When I'm hiking up a gulley or creek bottom to my stand and feel sweat trickling down my temples and face I'll stop and grab a hand full of moss or cool moist dirt and press it all over my face and temples to help cool me off and wipe the sweat off. Once I'm cooled down I'll apply more cool dirt and rub it on the same places so I have that earthly smell to help mask any perspiration I still have but kinda conceal my face a bit like camo paint.

This is another reason why I like entering and exiting my hunting spots.

Hope it cools off for ya over there! Good luck and be safe!

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Another 80° day today here. Too hot to hunt. I havent been out since sweating my ass off Wednesday afternoon
Good news is a cold front is moving through overnight. Going to drop temps tomorrow by 10-15°. I'll be in a tree tomorrow morning for sure.