Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New to Ohio

AMccormick

Hey guys I just moved to Ohio a year ago and have had very little success finding any decent land to hunt here in the North east. Any info anyone had I would be glad to hear it. Also I follow a forum very similar to this in PA and we do archery contest every year. Is there some sort of contest you all get into on here?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Welcome to the forum. We do host a contest. Huntn2 runs it and does a fantastic job. I believe you need 50 posts to be eligible.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
There's some public out by bear creek campground, I'm not sure how hard it gets hunted during bow. I know that several years back I was gun hunting on opening morning in the rain and I walked up within 20 yards of a 140-150" buck. I had my muzzleloader.

Where do you hunt around here? Any decent public land close? I need something soon! I have a very small piece on a neighboring property but I would like to have a back up plan.

I live a little north in Wadsworth and similar to you moved here a little over a year ago. I have not had much luck with the whole permission game and have yet to try public land as my work facility owns a few acres. I have talked to quite a few locals who all speak highly of Woodbury so that is where I plan to do most of my public land treaks this year. Goodluck and if your every wanting to do a scouting trip let me know as I wouldn't mind having a buddy so I don't get lost lol.....

Edit: By the way are you speaking of HuntingPA forums?? I was a fellow Pennsylvanian my whole life.

AMccormick

I live a little north in Wadsworth and similar to you moved here a little over a year ago. I have not had much luck with the whole permission game and have yet to try public land as my work facility owns a few acres. I have talked to quite a few locals who all speak highly of Woodbury so that is where I plan to do most of my public land treaks this year. Goodluck and if your every wanting to do a scouting trip let me know as I wouldn't mind having a buddy so I don't get lost lol.....

Edit: By the way are you speaking of HuntingPA forums?? I was a fellow Pennsylvanian my whole life.

I sent you a PM

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Welcome to the forum and good luck finding land! I lived in Kent for 10 months while working in Wadsworth. I remember driving N of Kent to one of the largest farms in the area to ask for permission. He laughed and said sure, come in here and let me add your name to the list. So I follow him in the barn and he asks for my name. I start to tell him and see he's preparing to write my name in the 32nd spot to hunt his 1K acres. I thanked him for his time and told him not to bother clogging up the list. It's a tough game up in that neck of the woods and I'm sure it's worse now since everyone and their brother is a deer hunter now.