Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

looking for outfitter

danf26

wanting to come hun ohio in latre oct or early novenber with bow. anyone recomend a good outfitter that will not break the bank

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Call up Dave lusk at Southern Ohio Outfitters. Tell him Joe sent you.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Ohio does not require any kind of license or proof of Liablity insurance from "guides", "outfitters", leasers or just plain fly by nights or characters. Do check several references before making a down payment.
The State of Ohio does require you to secure written permission to hunt on private property from the land owner, (not the outfitter or guide) and make sure you know the property lines to avoid clashes with other hunters.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Just make sure the outfitter isn't out hunting the property while you are paying good money to hunt. I've heard of that being done.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I am NOT an outfitter, I do not sell hunts as part of my income. I do, however, have a good piece of property that will be under-utilized this season, aside from the week of Oct. 22-28. I've got a place to stay, and food to eat too, if a person is interested. PM or call, either way. 937 205 6000

Thanks for the mention fellas!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
What's wrong with an outfitter hunting while clients hunt?
I just don't think it's proper business etiquette. I'd be pissed if I came back from a hunt empty handed and the outfitter killed a nice buck. The clients are the ones paying to kill the bucks.

themedic

OHIO
I just don't think it's proper business etiquette. I'd be pissed if I came back from a hunt empty handed and the outfitter killed a nice buck. The clients are the ones paying to kill the bucks.

What's an outfitter to do once he walk clients to the stand and makes sure they are set for the day?

themedic

OHIO
wanting to come hun ohio in latre oct or early novenber with bow. anyone recomend a good outfitter that will not break the bank
and BTW danf26, I've ran a very small outfitter camp for 3 seasons now. I pride myself on being the lowest priced fully guided 5 day hunt in Ohio that I know of. I also offer some of the best service and unmatched individual attention you will find. I only run 4 hunters (2 for late oct-early November, then 2 full rut) a year on 300+ acres that is not hunted by me...or anyone until those 4 hunters have hunted and left town. I have a spot left to fill yet for the season....if your interested give me a PM or check out my web page www.boonersacres.com

OhioHunter88

Perry County

Kind of crazy you feel this way, would you feel the same if there was another paying hunter in camp and he killed a buck and you left empty handed? Seems about like the same scenario. Personally I would rather my outfitter to hunt just simply because I would feel alot more confident in the stand locations he has chosen.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Kind of crazy you feel this way, would you feel the same if there was another paying hunter in camp and he killed a buck and you left empty handed? Seems about like the same scenario. Personally I would rather my outfitter to hunt just simply because I would feel alot more confident in the stand locations he has chosen.

It would always in the back of the mind of the client if he was put on a good producing stand or just put on a stand to be out of the way for the outfitter hunting the big buck. I'm in no way saying this is happening.
I was on a hunt 25 years ago and I still hear that I was given a good bear bait stand and he got a shitty bait stand. It still doesn't make any difference to him to this day that he got a big brown faze bear and I got nothing in 7 hard hunting days.
Just saying it's not the way to run a camp. IMHO.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
If another hunter killed a buck, good for him, he paid for the experience. Your not getting what I'm saying.