Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Flying with Archery Gear

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I am looking into a whitetail archery hunt in Montana for next year. I'm trying to figure out if I want to drive or fly out. If I go alone then it will be fly. Has anyone here flown with archery gear. How much of a hassle is it? What's the chances of sitting in Montana for a week waiting on your equipment to show up?

Last edited:
I've flown a few times with my bow and have never had any problems. Its no different than flying with any other checked bag. Try to find a bow case that is small enough that you dont get hit with an over sized bag fee. South west is the best deal I have found because they let you have two checked bags at no extra cost.

Last edited:

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I have not had any issues either, I don't know if there are any airline approved cases that fall under the measurement for normal baggage. All the homework I did came down to, they can charge you but dont, as long as you make sure it's under weight. Be very cordial to the check people.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have never had any issues with my SKB double bow case. Nice to have the double cause you can put your bow,arrows and extra clothes and other items in it and still stay under weight which seemed to be all they were concerned about.
Just weigh it before you leave home and know what weight they allow. You should be good to go.