Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Probably a dirt bag neighbor

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
7 days ago today a neighbor around the corner at 5:00 AM ran off the road and crashed into a cedar tree on my front pasture. Don't give a hoot about the tree as it was 18" cedar and just peeled about 25" of bark off. But was really pisses me off is he took out 15 ft of woven fence. It was a straight road and he was driving away from his house.
I haven't seen or heard from him in 7 days so went to the Sheriff Dept. today and got a accident report. He's 22 yrs old driving a 1999 GMC truck that needed to be towed. The insurance record on the accident report is blank so that tells me he has no insurance. No evidence he was drinking or drugs.
I doubt I will even go to the house and talk to him as I don't need anyone messing around here. But it just pisses me off that he doesn't have enough goodness to even stop by a neighbor he caused damage to.
Ranting over.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That is BS, Frank. Sounds like he was probably under the influence if he never bothered to stop. Its a shame that you have an asshole like that for a neighbor.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That is BS, Frank. Sounds like he was probably under the influence if he never bothered to stop. Its a shame that you have an asshole like that for a neighbor.

Oh he stopped OK when he hit the tree as the Sheriff was there with 3 cars and the truck was towed away. He just hasn't stopped in to see me about the damage.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Two weeks ago, some eldery fatso, rammed the back of my pickup in the drive thru lane at a McDonalds. First thing I did was taking cell phone photos of his vehicle and plate. the moron, claimed his wife had insurance but would not give me any name or show me proof of insurance. Then the bastar said he did not have a driver license. So I dialed 911 to send the local police and and he took off and left the scene. a day later I turned the pix over to the officer, it took a couple days but I got his co and policy number. Not sure what they did about no license and leaving the scene.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sad state our country is in nowadays! Comes along with all the people not working waiting for a gov hand out. They use their free handout for food,rent and entertainment but things like drivers license,any insurance of any kind and retirement just take a back seat while they live life to the fullest day by day........sad!

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I did a Google search on the property address and it's owned by the same last name in their 60's so I assume the dirtbag is the son. It's not worth the possible future headache to even contact them. I'll just put up a 20 ft patch section on the fence.
But I'm sure if I ran into their fence they would be on me like flies on shit because I own something nice.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Sorry to hear about the damage MK. Is it possible he doesn't know who's property it is and/or is too ashamed to talk to the owner right now?

Not sure how distinct your property is from the next guy, but what about you paying a visit? Sounds like you two have never crossed paths before. Break the ice, let him know no big deal as long as he fixes it. if you put the fence up, let him buy the materials and you supervise. He could learn something new, you will know it's done right and an new relationship is born. Why assume he's going to be "sneaking around" if you're cordial about it all? Getting on a forum and bashing someone you don't even know (forget all this if you do and he's already wronged you, but I'm not gathering that) is not right in my mind. Yes I'd be upset but it's just a fence at the end of the day....

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The damaged fence is 100 ft from my son's barn and house. It doesn't take to much common sense to figure it out.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
The damaged fence is 100 ft from my son's barn and house. It doesn't take to much common sense to figure it out.

I c. Have you talked to your son? Anyone contact him? Just going off info provided in this rant, so not quite sure.

Hope ya get it resolved peacefully and quickly.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I c. Have you talked to your son? Anyone contact him? Just going off info provided in this rant, so not quite sure.

Hope ya get it resolved peacefully and quickly.

Talk to my son everyday and no one has contacted him. We only live 500 ft apart.
Done with it.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Have your son go down there and have a talk with them. Let them know that your upset because you haven't been contacted and everything will be cool as long as it gets fixed.