Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Garage sale finds

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The way to town Saturday a house up the road had a moving sale. I stopped in and bought a as new Keurig single coffee maker for 10.00. I like my single cup coffee stronger. The wife went to twn grocery shopping and picked me up a adapter so I can use my regular coffee grinds. Looked on line and the single cup refills can run 1.50 each and of course you all know I'm too cheap for that.
My friend gunsmith has been looking for a old foot pedal style sewing machine. There was nice Singer there for 45.00 so I called him and he said fine.
I bought the wife 10 Skotch blaid ice bales and insulated jugs from the 1950's. They were made in Hamilton and found out on line they are quite collectable. They were 5.00 apiece and of course she said she doesn't need them. Keep what you want and sell the rest, now she like that idea.

Last edited:

Buckmaster

Portage
I once bought a copy of The Ulster County Gazette (New York newspaper) dated Dec 1799 for $3.
It spoke of George Washington's funeral procession, pallbearers, delegates in attendance, etc.

The neat thing was the advertisements-want ads on the back page. You could buy, barter, trade, slaves included. Seems like a taboo topic these day but was socially accepted back then.

I ended up selling it on Ebay for profit.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My brother who deals in antiques is a garage hound. He finds all kinds of profitable stuff but he is up North and not near as many people chasing the garage sales. My wife said there was people at this sale on Thursday already for a Saturday sale.