Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First time for everything...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sam (OhioSam) was kind enough too invite me too my first ever goose hunt for the opener tomorrow morning.... SAMs been a few times, his buddies are avid goose hunters so I'll be with some seasoned hunters.... Always thought about maybe taking it up, but this should be a good start so we'll see how it goes lol....
I'll be using my late FIL's Remington model 48 semi since it's the closest too anything I own for dropping a goose lmao.... You want too see a perplexed look on a salesman's face? Ask him where the 2 3/4" Steel shot 12's are..... lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Better do some quick reloading.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow and progress from there lol.... I like your thinking though Ben..... lol
They are pretty proud of them steel rounds though lol.... What's with all the 3 1/2" loads??? lmao.... As bad as turkey hunters lol....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Haha... Well J, sit back tonight and reflect on all your previous years of hunting. Cuz shit's about to get real my friend. Good luck!!!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Just as Zach, Jesse and Jim said, your screwed now. Say goodbye to all the deer and rabbit hunting you enjoy.

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
I still remember my 1st late season goose hunt,,,,the damn hunt lasted a whole 20min.,and a 3 man limit of geese later,I was broke,duckboat,trailer of decoys,new shotgun and lots of decoy molds to make my own decoys,the rest is history,,,,hope you have fun and let the feathers fly!!!!!!!!!