Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Toyota Deer Attractant

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
In the last 4 days, I've had a fawn walk up too my truck as I was heading too a farm too groundhog hunt and shoot my crossbow, then last night I went too a farm I hunted years ago and haven't hunted in 15 years but got a permission slip signed just for the heck of it too see what it has too offer..... Well I pulled into the field next too the standing corn and sat there waiting too see if anything was moving too the beans, caught movement and saw two fawns walking and feeding about 75 yards from me paying no particular attention too the truck.... Then I look too the left and here comes a doe walking my way.... She walked and fed up too my truck and just sat there looking at me.... She got too within 15 yards and just stared me down.... Got a picture of her (which you can barley see) and tried another and for some reason the flash decided too go off on the second one and she hightailed it after that lol....
A few minutes later a vehicle pulled in behind and it was Bob the property owner checking out the strange truck lol....
Said there's a couple of good bucks walking around in broad daylight.... I'll have too try too get them on video too see for sure.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sounds like my dad's 4 wheeler! Doesn't do me any good to say to him the 4 wheeler spooks deer when he brings up countless stories of deer standing next to it where he parked it to walk into the woods.

The fawn I can understand.... But the doe was a huge nanny and was really surprised by it lol....
When I hunted a place down by Cottys place years ago we used quads too get back in there and going in and out and the number of deer that paid no attention too it with me on it surprised me....

Him and I have argued over it off and on over the years. His points are valid as he often parks his 4 wheeler next to one of the hunting shacks to hunt and deer often pay no attention to it. My points to him are they're pretty much only does, fawns and 1 1/2 year olds that do this. Very rarely does he see a big buck unless it's clear across the field and not down wind. There have been countless times though when I've been posted up in a stand and I hear him on the 4 wheeler either coming or going and soon here come deer running from his direction. Very very rarely did he see those deer too. It's all good though, him and I do the teasing back and forth in jest now these days as we agree to disagree.