Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Permission Slip

Bigcountry40

In my experience rabbit hunting (especially after deer gun) without permission is still tolerated in most cases and game warden seems to be more lenient towards trespassing bunny hunters. I know the law is the law, I am just curious if anyone else has come a cross this as well?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I rabbit hunt in a lot of areas that border my deer hunting areas as well.... So I carry a lot of permission slips lol.... There are a couple of places I don't deer hunt but only rabbit hunt as I don't want to infringe on others hunting since they were there years before I showed up....
Have never been checked for permission slips though I have been for licenses..... All on public land though.....

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have a signed permission slip on every property I hunt and it's all adjoining neighbors. The slip is in my backpack I take everyday hunting.

Bigcountry40

No one trespasses like mushroom, shed and turkey hunters except rabbit and coon dogs. LOL

mushroom hunters are definitely the worst by far, my in-laws will pull over on the side of the road while in amish country and just walk into the woods and start looking. I have told them numerous times and they insist that its no big deal.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
mushroom hunters are definitely the worst by far, my in-laws will pull over on the side of the road while in amish country and just walk into the woods and start looking. I have told them numerous times and they insist that its no big deal.

Not only is it trespassing. It's a waste of time. Those yoders picked them as soon as they popped.