Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Canadian geese

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
As prolific as they are, I really don't know much about these geese. Just the same, every evening & in the mornings, I will have a flock or two fly over the house. I just stepped out now as it's getting dark & I could hear them coming. The mornings I tend to see them going back the same way they came the night before, but sometimes it's in the same direction. I imagine they're having a feast somewhere. They fly just over the treetops & tonight I swear there were about 100 of 'em honking away. It's amazing how they fly the same route. That could be said for all types of animals doing what they always do. This has been going on for the last month or so.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My parents have lived in the same house since 1995. Geese fly over their place within 20 yards of the same spot every evening for the last 20 years, and probably the 20 before then. Pretty amazing consistency.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yep, probably hitting a wheat field somewhere nearby. Good stuff man. And I hate to do this, but it's a pet peeve of mine... it's Canada ​geese... not canadian geese. lol