Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ruger Super Blackhawk, 44 Mag. with Round Trigger Guard

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Guys I've got a problem and no answer. Just bought the topic Ruger. Want to put a recoil dampening grip on it. Have contacted Hogue and they say they have no rubber grip for this model Ruger. Contacted Pachmayr and they say the same thing. I have a shooting glove but it is awkward and clumsy. Has any one else tried to re-grip this model? Is the another alternative? Thanks.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Pachmayr did make grips for a super blackhawk. I have them on mine. You need to start poking around gun shows for a used set. Mine is not a round trigger guard if I understand what you mean.

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Is it the Ruger Bisley style grip? If it is a Bisley there's no after market grip made that I know of. I have 2 Bisley style Rugers in 44M and 45LC.
If it's the normal Ruger Super Blackhawk both Pacmyr and Hogue both made them the last I looked. I'll look up the part number.

Dah!! I just noticed that you have a round trigger guard. I would see no reason a regular rear flat trigger guard grip won't work.

Last edited:

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
I tried a Hogue #84000 (I think was the number) and no go. That's when I contacted both Hogue and Pachmayr and was told "nothing available".

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Google "super blackhawk with round trigger guard" and 5 pictures show up, click on the middle one and you will see several pictures of Hogue grips for a round guard. maybe they stopped making them but they certain did make them.