Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Early Goose 2015

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Well , it getting closer . Looking like it could potentially be a good early season but lots can change in a couple weeks . Just gotta keep burning up the rd looking and hopefully it works out .
Whatcha all seeing as far as goosies goes

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yesterday I passed a sweet corn field that must not have produced well as the farmer bus hogged it. I bet there was 100 geese in it. I said to myself "what the hell are you doing. You're not supposed to be here yet"

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We are loaded with resident geese and they are impossible to kill. Either they go places you can't hunt, or they go places that are leased/locked up. After hunting our one spot last year early, we won't be doing that again! It's a swamp and I've never seen the likes of spiders like that! And pterodactyl sized skeeters. Not again. Ain't worth it...

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
there was prolly 70 birds at my parents golf coarse they want killed because there crapping on the greens, my works loaded like usual when does season start id still like to try and get some of you guys out here

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
there was prolly 70 birds at my parents golf coarse they want killed because there crapping on the greens, my works loaded like usual when does season start id still like to try and get some of you guys out here

You name it and I will haul some TOOzers with me.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We are loaded with resident geese and they are impossible to kill. Either they go places you can't hunt, or they go places that are leased/locked up. After hunting our one spot last year early, we won't be doing that again! It's a swamp and I've never seen the likes of spiders like that! And pterodactyl sized skeeters. Not again. Ain't worth it...

Ha. Come up to the black swamp and hunt with me. I'll show you some real mosquitoes. lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Yep! I've got three good guys I can bring also.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
First day was ok .

The 2 nd day was better

Steelheadtracker

There are geese all over at my inlaws due to them having a large pond. They crap everywhere and fight all day and splash while I'm trying to fish.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Well , like I've said ....I eat geese cause I love hunting them , I don't hunt them cause i love eating them .

That said , canning , jerky , or sticks and summer sausage are great uses for goose .

Last edited: