Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gallbladder.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
This little green bastard is killing me! For about two weeks I've had a dull but persistent ache under the lower section of my right ribs. The ache wraps up and around to my right shoulder blade. Any fatty or greasy food sets it off worse. It's not unbearable just a persistent ache that posses me off. I found a thing online that said if you drink a few shots of apple cider vinegar when it flares up it should calm down after 15 minutes and I'll be dammed it works. I also found another homeopathic remedy for a two day liquid diet cleanse that hundreds of people on the thread said worked for them and made them pass the stones. I think I'm going to try that this weekend and see if it works. My wife told me to just go get it sucked out and be done with it. I'm not a big fan of removing shit just because it hurts a little without giving it some time. I don't go cut my finger off because I smashed it with a hammer. Worst that could happen is I have a gallbladder attack in which case they'll remove it. I'm not quite to that point yet though.

Has anyone here had theirs removed; how is your life afterwards. Any side effects. Digestion issues etc. The biggest thing is I need to get my cholesterol down. I bet I've had high cholesterol ever since I was on the tit. Seriously. Even at 21 it was high.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
My wife had hers removed a few years ago. No issues.

She was told to limit the amount of fatty foods she ate, but she never really ate that much of it anyway so it didn't make any real difference to her.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
This sounds odd, but I will throw it out there. Eat yogurt. Lots and lots of yogurt. When mine acts up, I go buy a couple of cases of single-serving size yogurt and eat at least 6 the first day, then at least 4 a day until the yogurt is gone.

Probiotics are a good thing!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Wife had hers removed, she was always sick and on the verge of puking.... Tested it, failed the test and removed it..... No issues at all since.... I've know a half dozen or so with theirs removed over the years and don't remember anyone having any issues.... Some of these were before the current sucking out method lol....

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
My wife's is gone too. She had gut wrenching flare ups. She eats veggie burgers now.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Got mine out a few years ago after a nasty flare up. I had the same issues as you before that. It's nothing to get done.

I went in the ER with pain that was just as bad as when my appendicitis attack happened. Not sure what natural childbirth feels like but when those two events happened, I thought I was dying for sure. Excruciating! Was never so happy to get pain meds.

The cider thing does work for heartburn and such. The acid counteracts the stomach putting acid out. Makes it shut down the acid pumps. Crazy.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I should add, after getting te gall bladder out my heartburn decreased. However, as of late, it's been back and I had to get back on the nexxium. So, it won't fix the heartburn or anything but that nagging abdomen pain will go away for sure.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
After having my wife got her gall bladder out when she has to drop a deuce...it is NOW! No holding it for 10 minutes until you get home.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thanks for the post guys. I'm going to try to switch up the old diet a little. For the most part I eat healthy as is but I could definitely incorporate some additional fruits and vegetables. I also need to start doing some sort of workout routine as my typical day is in an office and I'm largely sedentary.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
My wife had hers out! And she still hates me so I guess there were no side effects. :pickle: