Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Need new pistol sights

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I took a Level 2 Tactical pistol course yesterday and from the start my pistol was shooting way low. We diagnosed everything and figured out that it was my sights. Now I know you can adjust sights left and right, but not up and down. Any thoughts or suggestions for sights? Shooting an XDS 3.3 9MM.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Low is usually the shooter...me included. I recommend shhoting from an excellent rest that way you are certain. If that has been completely diagnosed then we need more info.

What kind of sights would you like? You can order an adjustable rear, higher front post or go red dot. Guess it really depends on what you want that particular gun for.

Also, Springers are made for you to cover your target with the front dot. Some have hold under, split in half and others are cover the target sighting systems.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Current sights are stock 3 dot with the front being a fiber optic thread. Even the instructors were shooting 6-8 inches low from only 10 feet. Its my only pistol and its my EDC.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
You will need a lower front sight to bring the shots up if you use a 6 o'clock hold on a bullseye target.
Or get a higher rear sight to bring your shots up.
I'll look at my XD and see if I have any rear sights in my parts inventory that will fit. Two years ago I had 200 of so but most are gone now.
ASAP