Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nice Digs

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Years ago my neighbor and I were sitting on the deck drinking coffee and BS'ing about stuff when we got on he subject about sleeper homes, homes that look plain but when you go inside they're laid out very nicely.... He was working at a lumber yard doing the bids on homes and buildings and had a great working knowledge of pricing homes.... He had built about a dozen homes here in our area when he was younger before the family came and forced him outta of it due to hospitalization.....

We had drew up plans for a 40x80' pole building with poured floors and even a dead waiter..... Priced at the time at around 100k without property... Wife came over and joined our conversation and basically said no way in hell she was living in a pole barn lmao.....

Fast fwd I came across this and it brought me back too my neighbor and I conversation.....

Check out this link....

http://www.metal-building-homes.com/60x110-metal-building-w-jaw-dropping-interior-hq-pictures/

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice. I believe Lee and Tiffany live in a pole barn that looks awesome inside. A Doctor friend of mine is 65 and getting ready to retire and he's going to do a pole barn 50-50 living quarters-workshop. His wife is behind it fully. He builds Chevy motors, carbs, turo glide transmissions, and rear ends for racing crews.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Pole barns when done right would be one of the cheapest builds you can do... Tons of space for a fraction of the cost..... Heat the floor (like Buckmatser did) and insulate (like Frank did) and you can put together a nice home for a lot less money....
And don't forget that's 60x110'.... Way more room than anyone can need.... Well at least most of us.....

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
That's cool! A friend just expanded his business with a brand new showroom/warehouse steel building. He added a really nice apartment above the offices, maybe 1000-1200 sq ft. I think he might eventually sell his house and move in. The only thing different is he had to use commercial doors in the apartment because it's in a commercial building.

Building code in my county doesn't allow pole construction for houses. I know one that was forced to be torn down.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I sorta believe the building codes are rather restrictive here to so he's looking at IN property.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Heck ya!! Both Lee and Tiffany and Pat & Nicole do similar. I spoke with Pat last year about their setup but they are all cold storage.

A 60x100 is my end goal, even have my wife convinced if we can find the right land. We lived in this 40x60 (taylor knows exactly where this is) my last 1.5yrs in college at OU. 1 bedroom efficiency, enough room in the garage to play basketball, park 8 vehicles, etc. Absolutley loved it!

barn 1.jpg
barn2.jpg
barn3.jpg

Behind the ugly mug you can see how it was setup in the "workshop" area. The owner did not want to pour the garge, but man it would have been sweet!
barn 4.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
A 40x60' foot pole barn with an added second story would afford you 2400' of living space upstairs with all the needed storage down below for whatever shop/archery range you'd need..... Lol