Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bow string

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
I had a new string put on my bow a couple of months ago by the Archery Shop in Minster.
I have approximately 400 shots on the thing and it looks like this uploadfromtaptalk1438823361050.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1438823510643.jpg
My question is if i should be concerned with it. I shoot a bear legion with the built in string stops. Never had a bow restrung dont know if im being unreasonable

Milo

Tatonka guide.
You can serve over it but it looks like you got a strand broke..it's still eArly so I'd get a new string

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Great i went tonight and picked it up... shoots decent but now i have a good amount of work ahead of me getting it dailed back in bu the time season starts...uploadfromtaptalk1439597034346.jpg

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Just looked at it and u guys were right... but it was an easy fix... two loose bolts.

They put a new string on. He said that he was going to not replace it but there was actually four broken strands and he didnt feel comfortable doing that...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That would probably be the last time I took my bow to that shop. For him to say at first that he wasn't going to replace it when it was his fault in the first place would of pissed me off. You had loose bolts on your string stopper?

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Ya but its the only place to go around here and i dont have the tools or skillset to do it my self but i would love to learn someday. So it is either there or drive for an hour to get a second opinion