Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Behind schedule

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Hell no! Stands are hung, cameras out, new strings on bow, bow is shooting good. The only thing I need to do is wash my clothes.

Last edited:

PSE13

Shelby
Wish I was that ready! This broken foot has had me at a stop. Haven't gotten a thing ready yet!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm sooooo far behind as compared to where I'm usually at by this point but not by choice. Once I heal up I got to kick it in high gear! First thing I'm doing is hanging a few stands, if I'm able to! If not I'll be hunting from the ground this season! If I can't draw my bow back I might be toting a xbow. Could be a interesting season for me, but I'll be out there! :pickle:

I am so far behind it's sickening. On the bright side I got my bow out last week and put it in the bedroom so I can start shooting....someday. My buddy is down there now picking up my slack and getting the paths mowed. Don't know what I'd do if he wasn't able to do that stuff for us. Once that's done then I still have to get in the creek and cut out several trees that have fallen in. With that being the route to get to several stands that is a must do. Still have a few stands to check and paint up too so the to-do list keeps growing. Softball and baseball are essentially over other than tryouts for both kids this week so I don't have much holding me back now other than work.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I am waaaay behind. Just finished coaching baseball this week and now I'm on to getting my 18 year old son ready for college. He has to be in Florida next Friday for freshman orientation. Once I get back from that I can start focusing on hunting. I have no cameras out and the only stands hung are the 2 ladderstands I leave out all year.

Bigcountry40

way behind as well, moved and have 16 month old twin boys, I messed up my sights on my compound last year and havent even adjusted the pins. i think I will be using a crossbow this year!

rsmith

Not TOO far behind for me, stands are hung, cams are out, been practicing since May shooting, starting at 60 than moving back to 80 than to 40, 30 then 20. I shoot 3 arrow groups, usually 2-3 warm up rounds than if I am shooting money at 60 back to 80 to shoot a couple groups, about 3-4 and once I feel I am shooting a good group, 5 inch circle group at 80, than I grab the arrows and drop one at 20 and one at 30 and start at 40 and if I shoot money every time I'm done for the day but if I don't hit the 2 inch circle at 40, 30, 20 every time I keep shooting till I do than I call it for the day. I do this about 4 days a week. Than if I have some free time left over I shoot a vegas 3 to practice for a tournament I have to do online. I do have to trim lanes but I will do that next when I check the camera on the 26th of August.

Last edited:
I'm right on schedule. My son Jarrod and I hung 2 more sets and replaced ratchet straps on 6 other sets. We got all the trimming done at all sets. We have been shooting a lot and watching the deer grow, come on October!!!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Actually, I still have one plot to plant. The one I just made this year. Hopefully the whitetail institute pure attraction will be in the ground this weekend.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Work and kids. Kids and work. I did manage to get my bow out to shoot two nights ago. Reached in the handle of the Block target to move it and found a wasp nest. Trigger finger took a good sting which prevented me from moving it for a bit. By then it was dark. lmao

Would like to hang a couple more. If not, I will get by. There is always the climber. Then there is the Millennium and stick set up. Shooting lanes should be decent but I would like to check straps and such as well.

NAC1989

Clark county
I'm behind for sure. I've got one stand to hang and clear shooting lanes for it and another stand needs some adjustment. I still have yet to get my bow out and do some practice shooting. Maybe this weekend when I do cam checks I'll get something done.

I'm sooooo far behind as compared to where I'm usually at by this point but not by choice. Once I heal up I got to kick it in high gear! First thing I'm doing is hanging a few stands, if I'm able to! If not I'll be hunting from the ground this season! If I can't draw my bow back I might be toting a xbow. Could be a interesting season for me, but I'll be out there! :pickle:

Come up and spend a few days with me. My box stands are xbow ready and the cabin has three good bunks. Beats sitting on the ground to hunt. Who knows a good one may walk by TOO.