Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Which Week?

jlacorte2

Central Ohio
A couple buddies and I are planning which week we want to take off in November for our week long bowhunting trip. We are debating between Nov. 2-8 or Nov. 9-15. If you guys had to choose which week would you pick or does it not really matter at that time of the year? Thanks in advance for the help guys!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
North half of the state I would take the first week, South half of the state I would take 2nd week.

Or go from the 4th to the 12th instead.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Last couple days of Oct and beginning of Nov . The 3rd , 4th , and 5th are my best days . Ive shot multiple bucks on each of those days .

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Although I wholeheartedly agree with Full Bores post I just went with what I thought was the best of the two weeks the OP gave us. Most definitely I'd rather hunt the pre-rut in which the bucks are on their feet covering more and more ground in search of receptive does which usually starts during the week leading up to Halloween in most of the Midwest.

jlacorte2

Central Ohio
Thanks for all of your responses. We have spent the last two years there during the 1st week of November with little success, but tend to see more movement as we get closer to the end of the week. Like I told my buddy, too bad we have wives or this would be real easy...we'd just take two weeks!

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I'd rather hunt the pre-rut phase, so anytime from October 25th thru to the 2nd week of November is great. However, I like the week of Halloween the best!

I'm with you on pre rut. My two biggest bucks came the 18th and 22nd of Oct. It does take a little more scouting and prep work because they are not on their feet all day but they are pinned down with does yet either. I hunt hard from the 20th thru the 15th of Nov.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
A couple buddies and I are planning which week we want to take off in November for our week long bowhunting trip. We are debating between Nov. 2-8 or Nov. 9-15. If you guys had to choose which week would you pick or does it not really matter at that time of the year? Thanks in advance for the help guys!

I like the 2nd-8th better myself.