Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Phil's pics 2015 2016

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not sure what I will have to post here this year. I only have a couple cameras out. Have only checked them a couple times. Here is what I came up with yesterday.

I think this is the same deer based on time on camera stamps. From the front he looks promising. From the side. . . I am loving those long main beams!

Not sure if this is the same deer or not. Either way, looks like a lot of burger on him and he is a solid buck.

Thinking this could be the same dude. Hard for me to age in summer, but he isn't 1 or 2.

Also some good promise here. Notice July 11 on the time stamp. Like to see where he finishes. We don't get many "wide" deer around here. For my neighborhood, this dude might as well be 26" wide although he is probably only 20-22" wide if I had to guess.

Same deer. I am thinking big bodied 3yr old? I dunno. Belly and back are pretty parallel. Still tough to age in summer.

Could have been camera angles, but I don't know. Two wide racked deer? Or do the bodies just appear different? One pic is very close while this one is a different camera and farther away.

I love seeing the bachelor groups. This is the only bachelor group pic I have this year. Wish they offered more info on the racks but it is what it is.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Heck yeah Phil!!! Very nice haul bud!!! It's be cool for you to kill a wide racked buck this season! Kinda add some diversity to your wall or man cave...:smiley_coolpeace:

Keep em coming Phil! Great first pull!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Pulled a camera today because they are replacing a section of pipeline very close to the camera. I don't want to see it come up missing. Here is what I got.

First are pics from 2013. I had a buck with mule deer type fork on right g2. Disappeared last year.

Then this guy shows up this year. Not sure if it is the same deer or not. If so he hasn't done squat for putting on mass. Eerily similar forked right g2. Similar low hanging brisket lump. Hard to say. You guys be the judge. If it is the same deer he appears to have lost the g4 on the left side.

Big bodied deer. July 12 isn't generally when i see them bulking up around here. Maybe Aug 12, but he appeared to be big bodied in early July. The hard horn pics were a nice bonus too.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm calling this deer Whitey. He has some real pretty white on his belly and up his legs in daylight pics. He only showed at night this time around. He has a cool little kicker point coming off his left main beam or g2 (depending on who and how he is scored not that it matters to me.) I think he will disappoint when the velvet peels. He will be tempting though. I just don't know he has the age on him I am looking for. I am seeing 2-3yr old deer here. Tell me I am wrong so I can put him on the shooter list. lmao

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
For giggles, here is a video I took of Muley in 2013. Only hard antler action I had of him. He and a doe circled my stand at 20yds playing a courting game of cat and mouse. She led him wherever she wanted to go. I drew a couple times but just couldn't bring myself to shoot him. He was probably 110-120" that year. Videoing him was just as good to me as loosing an arrow at 20yds. I captured the hunt forever on video and he lives to grow another couple years.

[video]https://youtu.be/jCfsuZCQWSA[/video]

Last edited: