Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Taurus Gun Recall

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Misfires? Only Taurus I ever owned had issues jamming.

A couple have gone off after being dropped. Taurus holds firm nothing is wrong with them just poor gun safety but they lost the lawsuit and the settlement agreement included repair or refund (up to $200) and additional safety literature. The complaint was they should have a trigger safety.

Personally I've never had a problem with mine with FTF or FTE. As for the one you had that jammed they have a lifetime full warranty just send her back.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Taurus has a less than great attitude toward customers, like charging an arm and a leg just to send one back for warranty repairs, LIke $70 now.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Taurus has a less than great attitude toward customers, like charging an arm and a leg just to send one back for warranty repairs, LIke $70 now.

Really because they're warranty page states it's a full warranty for the life of the firearm and not the buyer. It also states that it's free. They even capitalized it. Lol.

""Simply put, our unprecedented repair policy stands firmly behind every firearm imported or manufactured by Taurus International. The full terms are we will repair your Taurus firearm FREE OF CHARGE for the lifetime of the firearm""

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Shipping is paid too the company by the owner... I had to send my savage back and with insurance it was over $40.00.... UPS.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Deer hunting with a glove on made the trigger pull ever so slightly sideways which wouldn't give a good hit on the primer by the firing pin.... Never happened at the range just while hunting with a glove on.... A very light weight glove also....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Just dry fire it with a little torque to the side and see if it sounds any different than a normal pull....

antiqucycle

East Ohio
I got "into it " with Taurus over 6" barreled 357. The cylinder had no clearance with the barrel and would not revolve. They implied the owner must have dropped the gun on some concrete I did not own the gun. Trying to help the owner get it fixed.
My brother has a the similar revolver in 38 special. the notches that turn the cyiinder " wore out" an it will not advance to the next shell. Taurus wanted more than what the gun was worth to repair it. I hope most of you realize Taurus and Rossi bought most of S$W's worn out machinery in the 1970's, so the quality on the old revolvers stunk to high heaven even though it was smith copie kats.