Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

a good fishing day gone bad

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Dad and Jace and I went to a local reservoir today. Things started off a little rough. Keeping my boy and dad out of the rocks and untangled was a feat in its self. But we finally made a few good trolling passes and caught a few saugeyes and big 14 inch crappie. It was a fun morning. We finished up and loaded the boat up and as I was getting off the boat trailer I slipped and fell on the tongue of the trailer. I ended up busting my shin open and probably needs a few stitches. Two broke toes. And my shin is swelled black and blue from my knee to my ankle. It put a damper on a good day of fishing in a hurry. FB_IMG_1438464079597.jpg

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Damn sorry for your mishap. Probably be best to give those fish away as they seem to have some bad things going on. Just a thought. LOL

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Been there done that, minus the broken toes though..... Hurts like hell.... But you'll live too fish another day.... Glad you got boat time with your dad and son....

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Damn sorry for your mishap. Probably be best to give those fish away as they seem to have some bad things going on. Just a thought. LOL

Frank dad and the boy took care of them as soon as they carried me in the house lol.They put the knife to them and in the fridge soaking in salt water. Was going to fix a mess of perch tomorrow at my parents for our families Sunday dinner but I can't hardly make it to the shitter let alone stand over a fish fryer. Its just my dumb luck. If I didn't have bad luck lately I wouldn't have any. But hey I'm still on top. Thing can always be worse.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
On the bright side it wasn't you hand so you can still bow hunt. Hang in.

On another thought freeze some of the fried fish up and bring them to the Lima Coon Dog flea market Labor Day weekend and Phil and I will have feast with you over a cold one. I'm sure Phil will take the time. LOL

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I hate a busted shin. Some of those things take a long time to heal up. Hope yours feels better in the morning Jake. It was good seeing you the other night and shooting the breeze.