Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cecil the lion

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I feel bad for that dude . He sure ended up in a bad situation and if you read comments on any of the dozen articles about this incident its scary that the wacko mindset seems to be rampant. If humanity cared as much for people as they act like they do for some random fucking lion the world would be a great place .
I'm sure Cosby is thankful poor ol Cecil went to the big shade tree in the sky .

bluedog

Very nice read Sam. I particularly like this quote.

At the same time, as this whole drama unfolds the Zimbabwe authorities and especially the Zimbabwe Professional Hunters’ and Guides’ Association are to be commended in acting swiftly, positively and responsibly in the interests of legal and ethical hunting. This is what distinguishes us from poachers or animal traffickers, and makes us true conservationists. Antis aside, we as a hunting community should stand by these actions and not the hunter simply because he is perceived to be “one of us”. If the parties are guilty, they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Dont feel bad for the dentist. There was a story yesterday that I read somewhere showing that he got busted a few years ago because he lied to U.S. Fish and Game about the location he shot a Black Bear in Wisconsin. I haven't read the story above yet, but the dude definitely is a little shady. Ok, just read above link. It seems like this guy was probably complicit and knew what was happening too. As much as it sucks, these guys that do this are just opening up the whole hunting community for scrutiny on a massive stage. I giggle when I read how they name these things Disney names. We should start naming our Bucks cute little names instead of the typical names like Splitter, Deuce, Tank, etc.... I will begin posting pics of Fluffy, Sparkleface, and Cuddleluffagus.

Last edited:

teej89

NE PA
Dont feel bad for the dentist.

amen, from what I read the guy was fully aware of what was going on as well as having a record with the bear poaching. I'm not gonna cry for Cecil(liike every hippie on the FB) but the guy should still have his hunting privileges in all countries revoked.

Side note: I love the pic they show of Cecil depicting him dead. He's laying on his side with a bloody face but the story says his head was taken so obviously this isn't him dead, this is him post breakfast lol

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Did Cecil ever eat any villagers or natives, ? I heard today that Teddy Roosevelt shot 17 lions in a year long safari.

If you had known some dentists the made me a victim, you could classify them as poachers

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Screw Cecil. He shoulda been more careful.
Screw the dentist, he's an asshole. He should be gang-raped by a bunch of 6ft4in 280# game wardens, screw fining him. And told it'll happen again if he ever thinks of hunting again.
Screw all the PC anti's weeping for a fucking lion. If they want to do some good they should go give money to a food pantry and work a soup kitchen, help people instead of romanticizing over Simba and Bambi and Poombah.

While we're at it, screw Disney for general purposes.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Screw the dentist, he's an asshole. He should be gang-raped by a bunch of 6ft4in 280# game wardens, screw fining him. And told it'll happen again if he ever thinks of hunting again.
Screw all the PC anti's weeping for a fucking lion. If they want to do some good they should go give money to a food pantry and work a soup kitchen, help people instead of romanticizing over Simba and Bambi and Poombah.

Freakin awesome right there lmao!!!!!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
When season opens the first thing I kill will be plastered on FB and I will name it Cecil. Cecil the dove, Cecil the wood duck, etc...

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark

:smiley_clap: :smiley_clap: rotflmao