Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

QAD rests

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Just want to put this out there but this year I have issues with QAD rests. This year alone I have had 3 not function properly causing tuning issues. Just a heads up to check the functionality of your drop away rests if your using them to be sure they work the way they should. The QAD rests seem to be hanging up upon dropping away. Make sure they operate smooth even when being let down slowly (no shooting operation) as well as under shooting conditions.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have been on that bandwagon for a while. Of 6 I have worked on 2 had issues. Not a very good track record.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Knock on wood, mine is still functioning flawlessly. That said and after owning a Limb Driver, I won't have another QAD on a bow I'm shooting...

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I have an Ultra Pro. I get rubbing from my fletching because there is green coloring on it, same as my fletchings. But I have good groups out to 50 yards. So that is my dilemma. I've had a few people tell me that they arent good for fast bows. I shoot the original X-Force. As far as I remember, with my setup, I was getting about 315fps. Every once in awhile I will notice an arrow flying funny but it still hits where I aim

Milo

Tatonka guide.
just to clarify, they are fine rests but need to be setup right and checked for proper operation. if you get to full draw and notice that the lines on the rest lever dont line up i suggest you get somewhere to get your bow looked at. they must line up not be stopped short of the line or over rotated past it.