Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dodge Truck Owners

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I drive a Toyota Tundra (made in 'Mericuh) and have a lot of respect for Ford...

without tax dollars.jpg

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Fords only here to since 1993. Except I do drive a Nissan 350Z fun 2003 car with only 22K miles on it.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
I leased a new F150 for my son, at 50,000 miles, the radiator supports had rotted away. Try getting those parts from Ford. this is in addition to a number of other headaches that should never happen. The salted and brined ohio roads will ruin the aluminum bodies in a couple years.

Chrysler will not have to replace too many ram trucks, most have rotted away from rust already or lost their transmissions.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We had a lot of guys at work buy the Rams when they discounted deeply.... All the front ends were wore out before 100K and had too be replaced.... Lost what little respect I had for them right there as they never stood behind them....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ummm.. Ford took bail out years before the rest

They didn't take a bailout to save the company. They did however take a few billion from the government to retool and do R&D for hybrids. Back when Barack was pushing his X number of hybrids on the road before 2020 plan. That money was considered a grant though.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ummm.. Ford took bail out years before the rest

Ford took a 5.9 Billion loan from the Government that either has been paid back or is being paid back. A bail out is free money to safe your ass and a loan is help to be paid back with interest so the US Government made a profit from the interest not loose by giving free money. Big difference.
http://oppositelock.kinja.com/for-the-last-time-ford-did-not-get-bailed-out-1553679722

2012 Forbes article explaining it clearly. 2009 Ford was granted a 5.9 Billion loan with interest to develope Obama's electric type cars that no one wants wants to buy. Payments start in 2012 and total repay with interest by 2022.http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmu...axpayers-money-the-answer-might-surprise-you/

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We had a lot of guys at work buy the Rams when they discounted deeply.... All the front ends were wore out before 100K and had too be replaced.... Lost what little respect I had for them right there as they never stood behind them....

The son and I have been driving Ford 13 passenger vans or trucks since 1993 to haul overloaded supplies to gunshows and never have broke down. Every Dodge truck or van owners had nothing but problems with transmissions. One poor guy from KY had a Dodge van and pulled a 12 ft trailer with clothe gun cases in it so basicly the trailer was empty and he went through 2-3 transmissions per year. When the factory warranty was up he went out of business.
I wonder if the transmissions have gotten better in the last 4-5 yrs? No one I know who does gunshows drive a Dodge anymore.