Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Splitter Makes BBBC

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Great buck Dick!
Remember its the gross score that most of us care about at least me anyway.lol
Thats why i wont enter any more, have seen too many nice bucks get knocked way down in score after deductions.
162 thats a hell of a nice buck Dick
Remember it's just a number,its the memories that mean the most and your history with Splitter and story were awesome.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Like everyone else said, nets are for fish. He grew 162" of antler and should be given credit for all of it. Hell of a buck, dick, and to have the history with him makes it even more special!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Congratulations!
What an honor to make the book on top of a wonderful harvest!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Congrats Dick! PRICELESS DEER No Matter What The Score. 162 is the number I hear. Real Happy For You!
And I sure hope to see you Friday evening.

I agree that in most circles the total inches of antlers is what really matters. But, symmetry is important in the total outcome, be it in B&C, P&Y or BBBC. I think only the Safari Club scores without deductions.

And you guys are right the score on this deer meant little to me in comparison to the three year quest. I'm just glad he did qualify to add a little icing to the cake.

Congrats Dick!! It takes a hell of a deer to make it. I have to agree with every one, deducting inches because it don't mirror the other side sucks. If the deer grows it, it should count. Given the history you had with this deer, he will be a hard one to beat.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm with everyone else here on the matter! Congrats again Dick on harvesting a true monarch! Looking forward to seeing his rack up close and personal!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great buck with an even better story. The history alone makes this deer a trophy. Congrats again. Making the book is a nice bonus for sure.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Awesome buck Dick! I concur with the whole group as well.... Score is basically a measuring tool for size of a bucks head gear, yada yada yada... We all are interested in it, but in all reality, it doesn't mean as much as the hunt itself. Congrats again and thanks for sharing your story.