Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FBI decides to carry 9MM

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Now I prefer the 40 S&W over the 9MM for CCW. Didn't carry my 2 custom target 45's so I sold them all to my son.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I wonder what they're going to do with the billions of rounds they've stockpiled.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Stirring the pot on this… Why would they change when the numbers don't add up? I am a huge fan of the 10mm round, unless in a crowd.
http://www.pointshooting.com/1a10mm.htm
They do add up. Handgun rounds with good hollow point ammunition are relatively the same ballistically. The FBI did a later study with many calibers and scoring went way up with the 9mm.

Many Fed officers are women and anything sized larger than 9mm makes the grip almost impossible let alone recoil.

They were pressured to do something after the Miami shootout. Now all departments and Fed are armed like the Armed Forces. Sidearm are for defense....long guns for offense.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
IMHO some one is make a boat load of money some where under a table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pickle:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I see a 40 cal shortage coming…

I see a 9MM shortage of pistols and ammo in the coming years. There should be a boat load of FBI 40 S&W trade in pistols on the used market shortly.
Be interesting what pistol model the pick.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
IMHO some one is make a boat load of money some where under a table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pickle:

Didn't think of this factor, but COB is a wiser man than I am. Makes sense. This could have been one factor as well.

Guess I better buy some more rounds before the 9mm disappear.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
"Guess I better buy some more rounds before the 9mm disappear. "

buy brass by the 1000's, cheap lead bullets in boxes of 5000 and kegs of powder and cheap primers in bulk.

Bottom Line, owning reloading equipment is paramount today. You did hear that Obama is going to disqualify anyone collecting SSI from passing a background check? That would eliminate the bulk of his voters.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
"Guess I better buy some more rounds before the 9mm disappear. "

buy brass by the 1000's, cheap lead bullets in boxes of 5000 and kegs of powder and cheap primers in bulk.

Bottom Line, owning reloading equipment is paramount today. You did hear that Obama is going to disqualify anyone collecting SSI from passing a background check? That would eliminate the bulk of his voters.

Only thing I seen was they want SS to report to the firearm data base if the person is receiving benefits due to mental problems.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Basically if eyre not able too do their own finances and their checks are being managed by a another party than they'll be reported and looked at too see if they should have any weapons...