Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Shoot: whatcha bringing?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We all know Beener is bringing the smoker and brisket or ribs... Or both?

Let's make sure we got everything covered. Little things like paper products and plastic ware are sometimes overlooked.

Judging by the other threads, the meat department is pretty covered. So, I'm gonna pitch in a big tub of pasta salad that should last two days. I'll also grab paper plates and napkins and plastic water.

I'm debating about making a batch of chili because it looks like it's gonna be hot out. If you guys want it, I'd be happy to make deer chili.

If no on the chili, I'll throw in some sausages or burgers for the grill as well.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm glad you asked. I am bringing two racks of ribs one for each night... I 'd like to do them over the fire perhaps using my special sauce I make, I'll make up a pot of baked beans & throw 'em in Charles's smoker perhaps. Anddddddd I'll do my zucchini / shrimp / mushroom/ tomato mix in cast iron Saturday. Oh, I have a batch of pulled pork I'm bringing as well.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Stuffed hot banana peppers w/ Italian sausage for grilling over the Fire, also some green beans maybe.
I haven't had time to catch any blue gills for frying, but I will bring some fish batter in case someone has the fish. Lol

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
2 Blackraspberry Cobblers. Macaroni Salad and Deer Bologna. Adult Beverages.
(Quit rubbing yourself and thinking about them cobblers Ron)

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'll eat deer chili, I don't care how hot it is, if someone's making deer chili then I'll eat it LOL. I can have the wife make a big side dish of some sort. Do we need charcoal? If so I have a 25 pound bag in the garage.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Jalapeño and salami poppers. Travis and I just finished trying out a few new variations and nailed it. Jesse are you bringing your fryer? I'll bring a bottle of gas.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I figured I'd bring some frog legs. They're easy to cook over a fire in a foil bag. Only have 30 in the freezer right now but I can try to catch some more this week. Breakfast is important too... Maybe I'll bring some eggs.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am not much of a cook. Not a cook at all really. I can probably talk Erin out of a few dozen eggs from her chickens if I play my cards right. Lol

Tell me what you need me to bring and I will chip in. Otherwise, maybe a variety of adult beverages to share will have to suffice.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Jalapeño and salami poppers. Travis and I just finished trying out a few new variations and nailed it. Jesse are you bringing your fryer? I'll bring a bottle of gas.
YES!
How does sweet corn sound? Can you cook it Beener?

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
This will be my 1st TOO event and Im not too sure how these things pan out. If someone could make a suggestion as to what to bring for the camp, Id sure like to do my part and pitch in. It sounds like food is covered. I can probably cover plates, napkins, utensils if need be. Im planning on being there on Thursday around 7. Its about a 4 hour drive for me so I will have to leave work a little early. Have to set up my tent first thing so its done before dark.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Bacon.
Brownies from GFS
Makin's for PBJ sammichs.
Maybe have the wife come up with a tub of some cold dish like tater salad.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
This will be my 1st TOO event and Im not too sure how these things pan out. If someone could make a suggestion as to what to bring for the camp, Id sure like to do my part and pitch in. It sounds like food is covered. I can probably cover plates, napkins, utensils if need be. Im planning on being there on Thursday around 7. Its about a 4 hour drive for me so I will have to leave work a little early. Have to set up my tent first thing so its done before dark.

Condiments is always a good one.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
DO NOT BRING ANY PLASTIC FORKS!! I have hundreds from the last outing that we need to use up. I'm tired of them riding in the camper lol.

I'll have the following supplies, outside of normal camping items:
Coffee & coffee makers (electric and propane - depending on how early I'm up and whos all sleeping still will dictate genny running) - I'll have a few jugs of drinking water for coffee
2 burner, 30K BTU each camp stove
1 - 30lb propane tank
Electric griddle (again, depends on genny run time)
2- sandwhich breakfast maker (think McD's egg mcmuffins) - takes 4minutes to make 2 and they are bad ass! (again, depends on genny run time)
30qt. Turkey fryer pot (we can use to boil sweet corn if someone is bringing corn) - Mike Cotty, may have to run to your house for H2O with portable jug if OK. If no corn, I'm leaving this home - let me know.
Couple extra rolls of paper towels

Food:
Couple dozen eggs
Couple packs of bacon
Sausage of some sort
Maybe some hashbrowns

You are all welcome to use whatever supplies you want from my camping stash, please just have a way to clean it when done :). Depending on where I setup the camper, it may all be centrally located, or I'll have the major cooking items (tables, camp-stove, coffee maker,etc.) under a pop-up close to the pavillion. The remainders/large items will stay by the camper.

Mike - I'd really like to setup next to the pavillion if possible (looking at pavilion, just to the left). That would limit the amount of extension cord/genny movements needed. Plus, when the gennys are behind the pavilion (towards the road) it will be quiter. Put a few trucks, pavilion and camper between us and the gennys and it will be decently quiet. Adam (RC) and I have have the same genny and they are not too loud.

I'm currently bench charging a few extra 12v's so we can have some tunes through the camper if you want (Aux. jack for phones/pandora, etc.), unless someone is brining a radio running on batteries. If not, keep in mind you will have to have the gennys running to plug in a radio in the pavillion.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Those easily cleanable, plastic tables are always welcome if you have one. I could use an extra if someone has one.