Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Meat and money ;) TOO shoot

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I will be dragging the smoker down to the TOO shoot. I will be cooking ribs and brisket (different evenings) for everyone who is interested.

I need a firmer guess on how much we need an how much everyone would like to chip in.

Brisket is going to run $4 a pound and ribs $3.50

I rounded up to cover taxes. Cook weight is quite a bit less than purchase weight. I would round up how much you think you will eat.

I will eat the cost of everything needed to prepare them and other stuff I am cooking.

Let me know how much each of you think you will want. Then you can send the funds to me via PayPal gift. Let me know as I want to but the meat asap. I have a competition coming up Friday that I am cooking 40 racks of ribs and may be able to piggy back orders and get them cheaper.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
We would like to see this fuggar packed full!

uploadfromtaptalk1436920841384.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have no clue. My wife does all the grocery shopping. One pound of each sound about right for a guy coming down Friday night and leaving Sunday? Or should I jump higher?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I say a pound per meat before being cooked is what the average person eats when they eat sides also. We tend to overindulge with the food and libations...

A person who wants to pack it in I would say $8-10 for brisket and a bit less for ribs per person.

For those wanting to just browse $10 should cover them.

I just remember how fast that brisket went at the TOO hunt and it was a 21 pounder.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Put it this way....

I will probably be counting myself for $15 bucks worth and that will be plenty with the other grub going around.

That covers meat for two meals...maybe more.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well, you all know how much I eat......:) I'm bringing a batch of pulled pork that's already smoked, pulled & vacuum sealed. I figured we can heat that up quickly for Friday while we're waiting on Charles to get his fire going....lol

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will send you $20. Figuring on $10-15 worth of food. I appreciate your lugging the thing to the shoot and burning your fuel to cook with. I have zero issues dropping an extra $5-10. Sounds like it will be well worth it from what everyone has said of your cooking.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Looking forward to drinking some cold ones and eating some of Beeners BBQ around the fire next weekend! Then riding quads and shooting the bow hunting course with good friends with a cooler iced down nearby sounds pretty damn good TOO!

This is very much needed! Only about a week away fellas!:pickle: