Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

June 2015 gun sales highest on record.

Mooosie

Well the good news is that on many the prices are dropping , ain't competition a wonderful thing!

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Prices are dropping on new guns. Attend some "farm auctions" and people are bidding outrageous prices, more than new guns.
I saw a russian dragunov go for $4300 ???

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Prices are dropping on new guns. Attend some "farm auctions" and people are bidding outrageous prices, more than new guns.
I saw a russian dragunov go for $4300 ???
Auctions are always high. Either they don't know the true value or just use the attitude of 'I'm getting the highest bid'. Plus a lot times there will be a ringer bidder at these local auctions running the bids up then drop out.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
The auctioneers from this well known family group have lots of tricks up their sleeves. I suspect quite often, if the bids are low, they do have "plants" in the crowd so they are actually buying the guns then put them up for bid at all gun auctions at their auction house. I specifically remember going to an evening auction with a garand advertised that turned out to be one of the old Vetterili's that shoot black powder rimfire shells. That auctioneer has sold well over ten thousands of guns. He knew better as to what the gun was.

Huckleberry Finn

Dang I didn't buy a gun in June. I have noticed that our local pricing is getting more competitive, mostly on handguns.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The auctioneers from this well known family group have lots of tricks up their sleeves. I suspect quite often, if the bids are low, they do have "plants" in the crowd so they are actually buying the guns then put them up for bid at all gun auctions at their auction house. I specifically remember going to an evening auction with a garand advertised that turned out to be one of the old Vetterili's that shoot black powder rimfire shells. That auctioneer has sold well over ten thousands of guns. He knew better as to what the gun was.

We're not far from each other and I'd guess Kiko??? Wouldn't be the first time I've heard of this with local auctioneers....

antiqucycle

East Ohio
yes the dragunov was at the muddy mess in Carrollton where the 80 acres and house went for $400K and Romanian gun nearly identical only brought $2200?. I got outbid on the encore barrels.
Yes the bad guys from Canton.
I wasted a lot of time chasing a pile super rusting guns at an Orangeville auction by them.

angelzd28

Yeah I couldn't believe some of the prices for some of those guns. Ive been to some of there other auctions thinking I could get a steal of a deal, only to be amazed at some of the prices for a used gun! I do believe it is ignorance of some people bidding and possibly a plant in the crowd.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I quit going years ago when I watched people bid on lots of arrows for 5-10 more a dozen then you could of bought at any archery shop..... Amazed at the ignorance of people bidding....

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It's just some bidders thinking of 'by God I'm going to buy them and you are not'.