Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good advice for the day

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Don't slip on wet grass carrying a 70 lb. bucket of brass and do a almost complete leg splits. A man's body isn't built right to do extreme leg splits. I screwed my lower back up bad. Shooting pain down my left leg and my left thumb was numb for awhile but that cleared up. Spent 5 hrs in bed laying on a heating pad. Helped some but my lower back just hurts. Setting in a recliner now.
I'm putting a stinging nettles leaves on it now under a stick on pain patch. Have to get some relieve as I a got a new ammo production job to do almost full time. I'll probably be talking to someone for part-time help.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Somewhat better today. The pain is back to the old 6-7 level that I had before I started the stinging nettle treatment 7 weeks ago on my hand. The doctor told me my pains are muscle spasms in the lower back and the pain in my left leg just below the knee is a muscle spasm caused by a pinched nerve in my back.
I'm going up and try to set in a good office chair running a machine. All I have to do is put cases in the hopper every 15 minutes and dump the finished cases at the same time. Clear a jam when it happens but I got it setup pretty good as yesterday I ran for over 1 hr. and no jams. I got it setup so I don't even need to stand up. Just as long as the reaching up doesn't bother me.
I think setting around is causes more muscle trouble than good. We'll see.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well I went up and ran the machine setting down for 3.0 hrs. The first hour it ran without one jam so I figured I would let it run and set the 2nd machine setting beside it. I spent a hour setting up and adjusting the 2nd machine while the 1st machine ran without a jam and that was for 2 hrs. now.
When I had the 2nd machine ready I turned on all 3 motors to do a test run and that blew the circuit breaker. Can't run 7 small motors on one breaker. I didn't have a 3 way cord there so I wait and run 2 machine tomorrow.
I ran one more hour without a jam so that gave me 3.0 hrs. of run time. After 3.0 hrs. my back actually felt better from the light work and reaching.
I took the bucket full of 223 cases to the shop and they wanted me to a 30 minute experiment on a new lube. But I had to do a part new setup and that took longer than the actual test run. But that extra hour did more harm to my back than the other 3 hours but I was 3 hours late on my regular pain medication. Feels better now.
We'll what the morning brings.