Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I'm new for the coyote hunting ,asking for the location to set up?

kelisuccess

Hello everyone,

I am a new hunter from Cincinnati area, and I am looking for a best public wildlife area to take coyote hunting. Is there anyone has any suggestions?

My current choice is Deer creek wildlife area or wayne county national forest.

Thanks

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Hello everyone,

I am a new hunter from Cincinnati area, and I am looking for a best public wildlife area to take coyote hunting. Is there anyone has any suggestions?

My current choice is Deer creek wildlife area or wayne county national forest.

Thanks

IMHO this is the hardest time to hunt them. Everything is just too overgrown. I would look for large tracks of mature woods that keep forest floor cover to a minimum. That sounds like parts of the Wayne to me.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Welcome to TOO. I agree it is a difficult time to hunt them. Freshly cut hay fields with a rodent distress can work as well. A simple squeaker call will work there as well.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Deer creek is polluted with them. You can hunt the north end on both sides of the road where the fields are. I've hunted tree a few times and had a couple close calls but never got a shot. I did shoot a pup off the top of a den once though. Lol. Make sure to check the rifle rules in the regs there are certain months they're not allowed.