Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE Kimber .45 ACP Pro Carry II

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Guys I'm going to test the water. I have a Ruger Black Hawk in .45LC/.45acp being delivered tomorrow. I'm thinking of placing my Kimber up for sale. One reason and one reason only! My grandson was in a couple of weeks ago and we shot up close to 80 rounds. I have tried for two weeks to break it down and clean it. With my ole weak hands I can not do it any more. I can and do take my Rugers apart and clean them easily. So if some one out there wants a dirty .45 I will send pictures. Because it is dirty I am putting the price to the buyers advantage. Asking $650. $600 if you pick up in Circleville. If interested, let me know.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I'll take it Ted. Can I get pics to verify which one it is? I will come to you to get it.

Last edited:

COB-TY

Ohio

I got to thinking, yes I know that's dangerous, I usually take pictures of all my fire arms. I checked photo bucket and there it was.

Three magazines with it Been.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

I got to thinking, yes I know that's dangerous, I usually take pictures of all my fire arms. I checked photo bucket and there it was.

Three magazines with it Been.

Thanks! I will message you about making arrangements to pick it up.

COB-TY

Ohio
That's a sweet little gun right there and a great price. I'll have to add something like that to the collection one of these days.

Yes! I got the box out and looked at the bill of sale. I OUT DID myself on pricing this baby but my philosophe is I can't use it and I want it going to a good home. Usually works out best for both parties. :pickle: (dang I some times pay a bunch fer a gun)

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Well I'm still enjoying that rifle I bought from you. I've probably put 400 rounds through it and leave the range with a smile every time. Having a hell of a time finding the scope base for that thing though. Rossi is out and everyone else is out of stock.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Well I'm still enjoying that rifle I bought from you. I've probably put 400 rounds through it and leave the range with a smile every time. Having a hell of a time finding the scope base for that thing though. Rossi is out and everyone else is out of stock.
What scope base do you need?

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
What scope base do you need?

I think I need to use the specific base that Rossi makes for it to fit right and for the screws to line up. It's part number P801. I called them and they just said the parts are made in Brazil and they have no idea when they're getting more. Could be a week, could be a year she said lol.

COB-TY

Ohio
Joel about mounting the scope on the side of the rifle? Or taping the top blade out of the way and mounting the scope on top?

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I'm not sure. I'd like to have the Rossi base so I can just screw it on and mount the scope. I may end up taking it to a gunsmith or shop and see if they can do it another way.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Beentown, I have seen those. I think you take out a screw on the side of the receiver and mount it using that screw hole. I'm not 100% sure that will fit on my rifle. But, as much trouble as I've had trying to find the other base, I might try one of those and return it if it doesn't work. The Puma rifles look really similar in pictures but im not sure if the screw pattern is the same.

Personally I love shooting this rifle with just the iron sights. My daughter is the main reason for the scope and I'd like to try and get her hunting with it this season or next.