Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

dove season near dayton ohio

bryanbeck

New to the area looking for public or private land near the Dayton Celina area an help appreciated..

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
What Jesse was referring to was Joe and I usually murdering doves on opening day at Paint Creek. It all depends on the migration, of course, but most years we will shoot our limits with no problem. Some years it may take a little longer, and some years we melt our barrels. You are more than welcome to make the drive and join us anytime! It is about an hour from Dayton.

bryanbeck

What Jesse was referring to was Joe and I usually murdering doves on opening day at Paint Creek. It all depends on the migration, of course, but most years we will shoot our limits with no problem. Some years it may take a little longer, and some years we melt our barrels. You are more than welcome to make the drive and join us anytime! It is about an hour from Dayton.

I'll check into that. This is gonna be my nephews first year hunting. He slays some pigeons so I'm really.excited to get him to the field

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'll check into that. This is gonna be my nephews first year hunting. He slays some pigeons so I'm really.excited to get him to the field

What Brock said. But keep in mind hunting the public dove fields is like hunting them back home in the south. Imagine a 50 acre field with 50 barrels poking out of the bushes. I'm wearing safety glasses this year as I've been stung by a few stray pellets.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Usually the first couple days numbers is determined by the hatch, not the migration. With the shitty weather we've had the past couple months, I don't have very high hopes. I'm not seeing many doves around yet. With the wheat coming off that could change of course but I'm not getting too excited just yet.