Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Teenbowhunter's trail cam pics 2015-2016

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
I've been trying to get this up for a couple days but the wifi out here isn't a big fan of moving pictures around. This is all in northern New Mexico on my Uncle's ranch (couple thousand acres). Here's a buck that has me really excited and his crusty old friend. The first pic is what they looked like two years ago, second pic is this year. Also look at how much better the grass is this year, 2013 was a severe drought and this year is record rains. Also, they need names. The old buck might just go by Crusty but I'm not sure on the big one, he always has his mouth open like he's talking. The older one has apparently had a rough last two years, those double main beams are long gone.

Here's one young bull and an older shooter.

And here's another buck that should be pretty good

Here's my favorite pic from 2013

Last edited:

rsmith

Wow those are great looking bull there, love the sun rising pic. And those deer are nice TOO! Interesting growth on the one on the left in the 2015 pic, he looks likes he's got moss on his head haha. Crazy how much the grass is grown TOO, I would keep the cam in the same spot as well

Last edited:

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Cool photos. I'd name the one with his mouth open all the time "Gabby".

Haha yeah I could name a doe that but something about hunting a buck named Gabby seems a little off lol. Maybe a celebrity or politician who never shuts up.

Here are some more bulls from a card I pulled today. The clouds have been pressed against the ground up here the last two days with highs of 55 degrees so the pics are a little hard to make out. I wish I could see better if any of them are the same as the bull from the earlier post.

And here's a setup I did next to an open gate and a fence crossing leading to two different sides of the mesa. Hopefully I can get some good pics out of it.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Haha yeah... I did just watch a YouTube video of him so now I see what you were sayin lol. Seems like a pretty funny dude but he died almost 30 years before I was born.

Just got some great buck pics, will try to get them up tomorrow

rsmith

Thats so awesome! Keep them coming! Are you going to try and put one of those bulls down this year?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice!!! Pretty awesome to have such a large tract of land in which to chase a large diverse group of tasty critters!!! Your uncle has a beautiful place! Looking forward to checking out this thread!

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Thats so awesome! Keep them coming! Are you going to try and put one of those bulls down this year?

That's the plan! I don't have to be at Oregon State until the 21st of September and deer and elk season starts September first in NM!
Here's some cool pics I got on the card pull yesterday.

Love the look of this old toad.

I love these pictures, this was one of the days where the clouds had sank down into the valley so there was only 20-30 yards of visibility up on the mesa. I ran into this group of bucks a few minutes after they passed the camera

One other buck who had a small buddy with him

I didn't put corn or anything in front of the cam, there's just some spot of very green vegetation in front of it that apparently tastes really good lol.

rsmith

That's the plan! I don't have to be at Oregon State until the 21st of September and deer and elk season starts September first in NM!
Here's some cool pics I got on the card pull yesterday.
Good luck! Going to try and go with a bow? Or are you going gun? Also that is weird that they like that one spot in particular haha. Love the low cloud pics TOO