Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What Does He Score ?

Hogmister13

2015 Deer.jpg

Got this Pig on Camera on 6-29-2015 so he is still growing. What Yall think he scores as of right now.

Last edited:

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
View attachment 33426

Got this Pig on Camera on 6-29-2015 so he is still growing. What Yall think he scores as of right now.
That's a very nice buck indeed... As for score? It's hard to say this early on. Tine length is 70 % of your score and his 2's and 3's are still growing. As to how much, it's hard to say?
However, his frame appears to be in the 140 range.IMO
Good luck and show us some hard horned pics in late September.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That's a very nice buck indeed... As for score? It's hard to say this early on. Tine length is 70 % of your score and his 2's and 3's are still growing. As to how much, it's hard to say?
However, his frame appears to be in the 140 range.IMO
Good luck and show us some hard horned pics in late September.

Ditto, and it appears he'll have a very symmetrical rack. Damn nice 8pt!!! Hope you get a crack at him!

rsmith

Score is just for bragging in my opinion. He looks like he is going to develop into a great buck, remember velvet makes them look bigger though but he should be a great buck and would be a shooter in my opinion.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Agreed on Ric and Ron. I have been fooled too many times early on to guess. Looks like his main beams will put on some more. Brow tines look mostly done. G2 and G3s? They could keep going or be done. I doubt they double in length from here but 1-3" per tine is a 4-12" difference in score. Will they put on another inch or another 3"? Will the main beams put on 2-4" each? Almost looks like on the left main beam another point might be trying to start. Might be a couple inches or just a nub. Really tough to say. I also agree the velvet can be deceptive. I am going with a 135" guess because it is just a guess at this point.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
the deer on the far left goes 124 comparing them the g2s are about the same but your pic that buck has better g3s so id say your gonna be looking at 125 to 130 depending on how much mass it carrys and if he grows much more, put him on the ground then we will find out for sure.

Attachments

• wolfesbucks.jpg
    wolfesbucks.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 110

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
He'll big lucky to go 140. I say 137. Bucks, especially 8 points, are never as big in hard horn as they appear in velvet and on camera.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Just so you guys know. I say 140" frame. That's GROSS not net score and he's got a whole month left to grow. Horns can put on up to 1/2" a day? Depending on nutricon of course. In reality, for a basic 8 point to reach 140" is hard to do, but this ones frame appears to have it? That's all I got. When his velvet falls, then we can talk score.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I'll bet he'll be a 9 on the taste scale, 10 if he's butchered right.

That's the score that REALLY matters lmao:smiley_cooking::smiley_cook::smiley_bbq::smiley_boogie: