Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ammo Cabinet

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
With all the horse chit about stopping gun and ammo sale I have been stocking up on ammo. I'm at a point I need a separate lockable cabinet to store just ammo. Any one know of a good reasonable price cabinet I can use for ammo? Thanks.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I store all my ammo in GI 30 & 50 caliber ammo cans. They are moister proof. If you want to lock them just run a locked chain through the top handles.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I store all my ammo in GI 30 & 50 caliber ammo cans. They are moister proof. If you want to lock them just run a locked chain through the top handles.

I would love to do that too but I can't stomach 15-20 bucks each for them when I used to buy them for 5 bucks each at mil surplus stores.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I use a steel Stack-On gun cabinet with wood shelves that I made and a rechargeable dehumidifier.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
For my rifle and pistol ammo I use a GF (General Fireproofing) 4 drawer lateral file cabinet. The thing is built like a tank, fire resistant, and lockable. Years ago I bought a blackpowder magazine when a gunshop was closing. It's 12"x18"x24" and I keep a bunch of powder in it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I just buy the ammo cans when I catch a deal. I have gotten some 3/$20 deals or lately more like 2/$20 or 3/$25 deals.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Heck of a buy for your son. I tried to buy through some online military auctions. They went for ridiculous prices. $6-8/can and you were bidding on lots of hundreds and sometimes thousands. If they were a buck or two a can I was going to load up our gooseneck trailer for a road trip and bring back a couple trailer loads. I watched a dozen auctions. Not one under $6/can. Crazy.