Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lee Precision 4 hole turret press

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The Lee Precision 4 hole turret press is one of the best presses on the market and 2nd to none IMHO. The press can be used as a semi-progressive press or a single stage press by removing the index rod.

a. Pull handle and size case, decap spent primer. Raise the handle and the press automatic index to the next die and seat the primer.
b. Pull handle to inside expand the case, and drop pre-measured powder charge with the auto disk powder measure. Raise the handle and index to the next die.
c. Pull handle and seat installed bullet. Raise handle and index to next die.
d. Pull handle and crimp with Lee factory crimp die. I use a Lee factory crimp die on every pistol caliber I load. On revolver rounds we found about 1/2" increase in accuracy in 50 yds. groups. On auto rounds the factory crimp die re-sizes the outside of the case after the bullet is fully seated to bring the loaded case back to factory specs of loaded rounds. Even though it maybe the same caliber you will find find different brands of brass will have thick and thin wall thickness which will show up in reloaded rounds.
e. Loaded round finished.

1. The press has a 4 hole turret for a sizing-decapping die, inside expander powder drop die, bullet seating die, and Lee factory crimp die.
2. Indexing rod to use as a semi-progessive, or remove the index rod and use as a single stage press.
3. Comes with both small and large primer arms for setting the primer. Plus a auto primer attachment is available that holds 100 primers.
4. Buy extra 4 hole die turrets for each caliber and adjust dies only once.
6. Caliber change takes 15 seconds with extra die turrets with die already adjusted. Just dropped in the die turret with pre-adjusted dies and install shellholder.
7. I have a Lee auto disk powder measure already on each set of dies with a adjustable charge bar. Just check or re-adjust the powder charge.

8. The most important accuracy aspect is there is just a little movement in the die turret where it sets in the press head. What this little movement does is to take up any stress caused by mis-alingment in the press setup. This is a old trick used but precision reloaders.

9. It is all possible to load 200-300 per hour of pistol with the Lee auto disk powder measure installed. Small rifle would have the same production.

I'll take some pictures when I go up today for some more R&D work.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Get them to give me a polo or golf shirt while you're there. Large please. I like swag.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I loaded a batch of 9MM without using the auto primer attachment and 50 rounds took me 18 minutes.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
What? LOL
There are no free shirts in my man cave. Some free misc. hats but no shirts. LOL

Oh. My mistake. When you said "go up today to do more R&D work" I thought you were heading to LEE.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Oh. My mistake. When you said "go up today to do more R&D work" I thought you were heading to LEE.

No I do all my R&D work in my man cave.
I was working on a request to develope a Practice Training round.
I got what is a workable round in 2 out of 3 models. They want me to work on another.

It's just think, design, load, shoot, record the results, and back to the drawing board. Fun but quite frustrating at times.

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
Got one and love the thing. I also use the crimp die on it, especially on 44 and 357. No complaints here and your review is spot on.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
That looks like it has a lot of room between the ram and top plate. I need more room than the ~4" my RCBS Rockchucker has. How much clearance does the Lee have?

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That looks like it has a lot of room between the ram and top plate. I need more room than the ~4" my RCBS Rockchucker has. How much clearance does the Lee have?

The Lee Precision Classic 4 hole Turret press will do cases 3.313 or less.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
The Lee Precision Classic 4 hole Turret press will do cases 3.313 or less.

Thanks, I have a .470 NE and after seating a bullet I have to unscrew the die to remove the loaded round. Case length is 3.250", loaded is around 4". The empty case just fits in my rock chucker.