Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Summer of 2010 on the pond

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
My 5 year old daughter Mallory is a big time fisher...girl. Here are some pictures from the pond this summer........

She caught these 2 bluegills at the same time while trolling a nightcrawler harness behind the paddle boat....

Did I mention that she likes to catch frogs?

She even went squirrel hunting with me for the first time this year.....

This girl is hardcore, no way she will ever play with dolls!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
that is awesome.....im goingto be involving my daughter a ton more this next year in outdoor stuff with me. she is anxious and keeps asking. I am going to start with shed hunting this year. she will be pumped to just be in the woods

Diablo54

Outside
2 years ago when my lil bro was 5 he went shed hunting wih me and i took a small shed with me that way if we didnt find anything i could throw this one down and he would think he found one. I kept throwing it infront of him and he kept walking by it. He didnt find it until he stepped on it. But last year we went shed hunting and he found his first shed in a field. We found a match set but the pics are on my old phone.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaaaaaaTalk

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I wish I would have taken some of the walleye pictures.....we caught 16 walleyes in 1 day trolling in the paddleboat.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Great pics Gern. Love to see the little ones in the outdoors!! :smiley_clap:

Diablo... I did the same thing with my son a few years back. I'll see if I can dig up the pics and story from that outing.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
These days ... years you are in right now are the best!
You are a Master of all. You know everything. You can fix everything.
Great picts! My oldest daughter (now 22) was just like that. Keep the camera going!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Hit the pond last night and had some decent action......tried gulp minnows out for the first time ever and I was impressed with how they worked...

This crappie was full of eggs and measured 13"

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
The fish were biting good today, we caught 13 bass, 2 walleyes, 2 crappie and a big catfish all in just a couple hours.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Pretty deep then Gern? Usually has to be to support Walleyes.

Beentown

Yeah, not bad, its around 16-18' in the deepest area when it is full. I would say it averages 10'. I have came to realize it is hard to beat a live minnow on a jig compared to any bait......it seems everything will eat a minnow at will. Its like a little chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven, even if you aren't hungry they just are too good to pass up.