Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Curran's 2015 Season

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Yesterday was a good day.

Took long walk and found several spots looking like this along an overgrown fencerow...

Saw a fair amount of tracks. Some big and some small...

Refreshed a mineral site...

Then hung a camera up in a tree...

Took my time walking out to pick some of these...

Will take even more time and carry a bigger bucket when I return next weekend to pick the rest of these...

Stopped quietly for a few minutes when I saw a hen turkey, then a few minutes later heard this little critter not too far from me...

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks Guys! I'm hoping to get out this weekend, pull the memory card, and hang up a few more cameras. The critters were out in full force tonight. Seeing deer and turkeys out in the fields with this light rain falling down.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Went for a walk Sunday afternoon and sweated my butt off. I'm hunting two properties next to one another and there is a good bit of ground to cover between them. It's mostly fencerows on the one piece but there is a small, secluded section of woods with some great trails leading out into the field. The piece to the north has about a 60 acre section of woods with the rest being field. I pulled one camera down to move it and placed another in the woods with the plan being to let them sit for a few weeks. There is some stand work to be done in early August but I've hunted here for a few years so I don't have too much scouting to do. Here's some pics I snapped along the way.

From the south looking north...

From the north looking south...

Lots of these fluttering around...

There were two does and three fawns all together but I couldn't get them all in the frame.

I came across two locations with social scrapes along the edge of woods...

This is The Dude...

This was part of a bachelor group with six bucks. The two in the picture were the biggest two...

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks guys. Hopefully The Dude sticks around. It's an area that gets hunting pressure all around it so who knows what will happen.

Looking good! Is the cam up high to avoid theft?

That's the main reason, also in this spot I had the camera on time lapse so I wanted it placed higher to see more of the field. Hopefully it's out of the normal line of sight of anybody walking around. Even though if somebody wants it bad enough they could shimmy up the tree and get it. At least they'd have to work for it. I started doing it like this last year after having a camera stolen that was locked to the tree with a cable.