Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Homeless Man Plays Piano In FL

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
This is a touching story about a Ex. Marine that lost his wife and the state took his child away when he turned to drugs. This guy has talent and I wish him the best.

[video=youtube;JCguq3hTC2M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCguq3hTC2M[/video]

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Very true, and seems like many of them are carrying a lot of baggage.... Does it come with the territory???

Not sure. But it's an interesting thought. If you think back about most of the individuals that were extremely talented in a specific field they're this way. Van Gogh, Einstien, Beethoven, etc. Some people call them insane. Perhaps they're just a higher level of sane than us and it just seems insane as we can't comprehend it. Perhaps they're just so talented at a specific thing that it consumes the entirety of their mental capacity.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Not sure. But it's an interesting thought. If you think back about most of the individuals that were extremely talented in a specific field they're this way. Van Gogh, Einstien, Beethoven, etc. Some people call them insane. Perhaps they're just a higher level of sane than us and it just seems insane as we can't comprehend it. Perhaps they're just so talented at a specific thing that it consumes the entirety of their mental capacity.

I've met a lot of intelligent individuals over my career and I wondered who tied their shoes for them in the morning..... A lot of them being down at Wright Pat.... Seriously smart PHD scientists who can do amazing things but haven't social skills whatsoever....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hope he's eventually reunited with his daughter someday and gets his life turned back around. Sad to hear this though! He's very talented with the piano playing.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
It always amazes me some of the hidden talent that some have. I have met many over the years. I hope he has the opportunity to get back on his feet. He is very talented.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Here is an Update on him. He has been give a make over, temporally housing, a chance to go back to school, and an account has been set up and so far $35,000 in donations, and going to Rehab. Hope he makes the best of his second chance in life. I hope he some day gets to see his son.

[video]http://www.break.com/video/homeless-piano-man-gets-makeover-fresh-start-at-life-2872350[/video]