Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Great Glass Door Hunter.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My BIL did the same thing with a S&W Model 10 38 spl. about 40 yrs. ago. He bought a new pistol, was drunk, loaded it about 2:00AM, pulled the hammer back, and didn't know how to unkock the hammer. So he pointed it to his right and pulled the trigger, straight through the patio glass door and hit his next door neighbor. Missed his neighbor's window by inches.
Next morning he called me to come over immediately. He handed me the pistol and all ammo, told me 'I can't have a gun', wouldn't take any money. I kept it a year and asked him what was I to do with it. 'I don't care it's your pistol.' I traded it off from my 1st 44 mag Ruger Super Blackhawk.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

I don't judge.

Doorframe to master bedroom. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435791890.857675.jpg

Inside the corner cabinet in the kitchen. (Repaired the outside)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435791942.967477.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Lmao, what the hell did you do?

The one in the cabinet was a failed D loop installation. I accidentally burned the loop when burning the ends. Since I never draw a bow without an arrow the cabinet caught the arrow and my nose caught my fist. Better than a dry fired bow though. The bad new is there was a glass gallon jar of flour in there at the time. Shop vac to the rescue.

The bedroom door jamb was a miss. I can shoot 40 yards indoors if I stand in the kitchen and shoot to the back bedroom. I pulled it on release and only had about a foot window to make it through the door due to the angle. Yeah yeah. Don't shoot indoors. Lol. Nothing a little wood putty and paint won't fix. Better than freezing outside when you want to shoot in January.

The one in the cabinet was a failed D loop installation. I accidentally burned the loop when burning the ends. Since I never draw a bow without an arrow the cabinet caught the arrow and my nose caught my fist. Better than a dry fired bow though. The bad new is there was a glass gallon jar of flour in there at the time. Shop vac to the rescue.

The bedroom door jamb was a miss. I can shoot 40 yards indoors if I stand in the kitchen and shoot to the back bedroom. I pulled it on release and only had about a foot window to make it through the door due to the angle. Yeah yeah. Don't shoot indoors. Lol. Nothing a little wood putty and paint won't fix. Better than freezing outside when you want to shoot in January.

I saw a guy have his loop break at a shoot. He punched himself in the nose to lol! He damn near knocked his lights out! As for shooting in the house, my older brother has been known to do it.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Reminds me of visiting my friend. His wife said 'did you tell Frank what happened'? 'No'.
He takes me in the bedroom and shows me their wedding picture and there is a 45 ACP hole through the wife's forehead! He claims it was a accident.
Back in the family room the wife said 'did you show Frank everything'? "No'.
The wife leaves and comes back with a set of bed sheets. She unfolds the sheets and they look like swiss cheeze. The 45 caliber went through all 4 pieces.
Funny as hell and glad it was him and not me.

teej89

NE PA
My BIL did the same thing with a S&W Model 10 38 spl. about 40 yrs. ago. He bought a new pistol, was drunk, loaded it about 2:00AM, pulled the hammer back, and didn't know how to unkock the hammer. So he pointed it to his right and pulled the trigger, straight through the patio glass door and hit his next door neighbor. Missed his neighbor's window by inches.
Next morning he called me to come over immediately. He handed me the pistol and all ammo, told me 'I can't have a gun', wouldn't take any money. I kept it a year and asked him what was I to do with it. 'I don't care it's your pistol.' I traded it off from my 1st 44 mag Ruger Super Blackhawk.

HAHAHAAH!!!

My only incidences has come from a 125gr field point finding the weak spot in the target and sticking in a stud in the wall on the other side. Thank god it hit a stud or it'd been in the neighbors..... now I shoot w/ 2 bags behind each other lol