Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Traditions Muzzloader

I have 2, a pursuit XLT and my son has a pursuit XL. The XLT has a 28" fluted and ported barrel, thumbhole stock, and a Nikon muzzy scope. I have never had a problem with mine and they are very accurate. They both are proven deer slayers.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Purchased an Ultra light a couple years ago. I can tote that thing all day long no problem. Pretty accurate gun as well. Little to no change from 50-100 yards. I got mine at the Sportsmans Den in Shelby, Ohio for like $320

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Purchased an Ultra light a couple years ago. I can tote that thing all day long no problem. Pretty accurate gun as well. Little to no change from 50-100 yards. I got mine at the Sportsmans Den in Shelby, Ohio for like $320
How's the recoil? My 14 year old son will be using it mostly. Hes 5'10 but only weights around 140. Just want to make sure it doesn't knock him on his ass.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Shoot 100 grains of powder and a 250 grain bullet and he will be fine.

Yup. For a light gun the recoil isn't bad at all. If it's too much for him and I doubt it will be you could always drop down to a 90gr powder charge or less then that even if needed. Like I said, he should be fine with the 100gr powder and 250gr bullet.