Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fletching

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Get an Arizona EZ fletch for blazers and some gorilla super glue. Never look back.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
EZ Fletch Mini and blazers with Loctite Ultra Gel Control glue. Don't mess with the shrink fletching.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
After messing with Shrink fletch for years i went with EZ fletch mini and loctite gel control...will never do quikfletch again or pay for someone else to fletch arrows for me!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm gonna have to try this loctite glue. Does it still leave the white vapor residue on the shaft around the fletch like gorilla super glue does?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I'm gonna have to try this loctite glue. Does it still leave the white vapor residue on the shaft around the fletch like gorilla super glue does?
yes. if you want this to stop you have to take a took pic and spread the gel down the center of the fletching and wipe off the sides with a cotton rag. a little bit of acetone wont hurt it if you wipe down the side.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
After repetition you will figure out how much glue is too much and how much isn't enough. Find the sweet spot and the white film will be very minimal. I don't have any problems. Never even have to wipe.... The fletchings, that is. Lmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
After repetition you will figure out how much glue is too much and how much isn't enough. Find the sweet spot and the white film will be very minimal. I don't have any problems. Never even have to wipe.... The fletchings, that is. Lmao

I've done about 4 dozen and still have issues with it. Lol. Maybe I'm just a bonehead or too picky. I use just the right amount so that it doesn't come out the sides but forms a tiny dot at the leading edge of the fletch to guard against ripping a fletch if it sinks too deep in a target. I also hang the jig arrow down by the hook after closing it up and capping it.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've done about 4 dozen and still have issues with it. Lol. Maybe I'm just a bonehead or too picky. I use just the right amount so that it doesn't come out the sides but forms a tiny dot at the leading edge of the fletch to guard against ripping a fletch if it sinks too deep in a target. I also hang the jig arrow down by the hook after closing it up and capping it.

Lol. I'm picky too. I don't leave them in the jig much longer than it takes for the glue to set up. But when they've all hardened, I'll place a dot of glue at both the leading edge and tailing edge for the same reason you mentioned. I really don't have any issues with a white residue. Either they've changed the glue formulation or I've just gotten better over time. I don't know. I do know that of all the glues I've tried (lots), Loctite Ultra Gel Control glue is the easiest to control by far. The tabs on the sides of the bottle react to finger pressure just as you think they should... more pressure - more glue, less pressure - less glue. Very easy to maintain control and consistency of a good glue bead down the center of a vane. And to top it off, it's as durable if not more than any of the other glues as well. With properly prepped arrow shafts I've never had any problems with adhesion. Actone rub-down with a clean rag is all I do to prep.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Lol. I'm picky too. I don't leave them in the jig much longer than it takes for the glue to set up. But when they've all hardened, I'll place a dot of glue at both the leading edge and tailing edge for the same reason you mentioned. I really don't have any issues with a white residue. Either they've changed the glue formulation or I've just gotten better over time. I don't know. I do know that of all the glues I've tried (lots), Loctite Ultra Gel Control glue is the easiest to control by far. The tabs on the sides of the bottle react to finger pressure just as you think they should... more pressure - more glue, less pressure - less glue. Very easy to maintain control and consistency of a good glue bead down the center of a vane. And to top it off, it's as durable if not more than any of the other glues as well. With properly prepped arrow shafts I've never had any problems with adhesion. Actone rub-down with a clean rag is all I do to prep.
Ditto here.

teej89

NE PA
loctite gel control is the way to go. Jager go tme on it last year and i've been satisfied. Just take a tooth pick and remove the excess then I use that excess to put my dabs on the ends of the fletchings.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
loctite gel control is the way to go. Jager go tme on it last year and i've been satisfied. Just take a tooth pick and remove the excess then I use that excess to put my dabs on the ends of the fletchings.

Now there's an idea. A toothpick.