Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Abu Garcia

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
So I decided to make a spur of the moment purchase to get back into fishing and get the young guy out with me. I needed a new casting rod for my baitcaster reel. I just happened to be at Wal-Mart and seen a good price on an Abu Garcia combo baitcaster rod/reel. It wasn't anything fancy but it was something to get me back out there. Went to add line to it the next day and noticed 3 of the guides missing the inserts. I checked back with my local Wal-Mart but they had no more of these combo's in stock and since it was on sale they wouldn't be getting any new stock. I then contacted Abu Garcia for the warranty replacement for the rod. After sending the pictures required by Abu Garcia of the rod, damage, receipt, and a few other pics they wanted along with a description of how the rod was damaged I get an email from the warranty department. They are going to send me a new rod however it's not the same rod I had with this combo. The new rod is a gray camo that I am suppose to add the red/black reel from the combo onto. I'm not happy at all about that. Part of the reason I got the combo is because of the colors but also because it matched. I'm not happy and have sent a new email explaining my issue and if there is anything they can do to fix this new issue. I will keep you all posted on outcome.

Here are a few pics I had to send Abu.

rod2_zpsjdlvwklr.jpg

rod_zpsfvgohu5j.jpg

Here is the rod they want to send me

http://www.abugarcia.com/abugarcia-rods-casting-rods/1365011.html

Huckleberry Finn

Probably why I spend money at Cabelas. Last pole I bought there, I walked outside, ripped the grip putting the reel on in the parking lot, walked back in and got a new one. Simple as that.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Why not just take it back to Walmart and get something else?

I could and probably will now. I was just going to exchange it for another but since it was on rollback they didn't have any left. I decided to use the one year warranty that comes with it to get a replacement. Now that doesn't seem to be the route to take either since Abu apparently doesn't have anymore of that style either. I will see what kind of reply I get from this latest email and will most likely be disappointed in the reply and just take it back and get the money refunded. It's not so much that it's broken or that it's difficult to take back but it comes with a warranty and I figured I could get the same rod that I had as a replacement. I was wrong lol. See if they make it right but if not I will just return it and go to Cabela's or BassPro and get something.