Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Food and the TOO shoot...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am leaving on vacation for a bit and my cell/Internet service is going to be spotty at best. I want you guys to start talking about what and how much I am cooking.

I don't have to do big cooks but I am more than happy TOO. I will need some funds if you guys decide to go big. I can cook ribs, chicken, pulled pork, ribs, brisket, beef ribs, whatever. A mixture or cooks multiple days is cool also.

I would figure a minimum of one pound per person eating for the big cuts (brisket and pulled pork) because it cooks down to only 1/2 pound per person. Ribs would be a half rack per person.

- Briskets run around 15-18 lbs each
- Pork butts are usually 8ish pounds
- Spare ribs (my preference) run about 5 pounds
- baby backs 2-3 pounds a rack

These are all precooked weights. Expect 50% or more loss between trimming and cooking.

If we all decide to chip in, we could have a pretty good cook and meal on the cheap.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Is it easier if I just give you like $50 and ask you to feed me for the weekend? rotflmao
I don't get to experience shit like this very often, so Im going to be taking full advantage of it.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
$50 is steep. Lol. If we get a decent count and know what we want it could be just $5 per meat per guy.

Especially when others will be cooking and sharing also. We eat like kings at these things.

My colon and lungs are already pissed.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Ok so $5 for food and $45 for you to feed it to me LOL. Either way Ill definitely be chipping in. Ill even give you a hand with the smoker if you need.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't cook. It will be last minute before I know if I can make it. I am more than willing to drop in my share of funds and just take table scraps. I will bring stuff for S'mores. I here these TOO outings are like Boy Scout conventions. Smores are a must at those. lmao

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
While I am gone if you guys could figure up how much you want of any kind of meat that would be great.

When I get back I can see how many briskets, ribs, whatever that we need to buy and give a total.