Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Pup

tjeep

Nothing like a new pup, I forgot how much fun they are. This little guy is fearless and birdy as hell! Can't wait to see him run along side his dad in North Dakota, come Oct.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 147
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 142
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 144

tjeep

Rip 1.jpgRIp 2.jpgRIp 3.jpg

Really pleased with this pups drive 11 weeks old and fearless. He tried to chew through the cage when he saw the quail. Pulled some flight feathers and let him chase one down, caught it and brought b it right to me. With him being so bold, I tossed quail about 5 feet out in the pond right after it he dove in and retieved. No issue with gun fire, think I got the making of a good one.

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Gotta love it! That last pic is a great one. Enjoy these moments... He won't be a tiny pup for long!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice! Welcome to TOO and thanks for sharing those pictures! He looks to be well on his way to becoming a great hunting partner with you!

teej89

NE PA
haha good looking pup!

Yeah my 4.5mo old has crazy drive and it's hilarious! I can't pull him off the line after his marks he just sits there and stares out into the field/pond lol

teej89

NE PA
second pic needs to get framed! And then in a couple months take the exact same photo, that'd be sweet! Here's what I did with Boomer it's 8wks vs 16wks

IMG_6417.jpg

tjeep

This pup is out of my 4 year old male. Man it's amazing, it's like I got my old dog back as a puppy again. I wanted a clone, I got it! Can't wait to see this little guy in North Dakota this year. By far the best training you can give a duck dog is killin a lot of them right in their face. Super stoked for this years season.

Kaiser878

ohio
Congrats on the new pup. Getting a new dog is a lot of work.... hut man is it fun. How old will he be when u go to Nodak?

I guess I disagree a little but on the best thing for them. Then again, it's all on what your goals are. I would be afraid that taking a young dog to Nodak and being a gunner I wouldn't be able to control the dog.... bad habits form a lot quicker that good habits can build. I'd be worried about bad habits starting. Especially if you plan to play the hunt test game. But I am by no means an expert on the topic...

But what I do know is if you let a dog get a bird when they break, you are looking at a serious mountain to climb when it comes time to try to get that dog steady

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Love it. My boy is a black lab. His name is Moonshine. Screenshot_2015-08-13-18-40-29.jpg he was 2 1/2 months old.

Screenshot_2015-08-13-18-40-43.jpg he was 1 1/2 year old.

tjeep

Kaiser..... Rip, will be almost 6 months when we are in NoDak. Not my first rodeo, I will not be gunnin when handling the pup, and his old man will be backing to shag cripples and handle blinds. Its more about working the birds and dogs for me anymore. Plus dog handler does not have to clean birds. Hard to get 100 + retrieves in a season in Ohio. We get that in a week out there. It's alot of in your face pothole shooting with fairly easy retrieves. He will start hunt tests next spring!

Kaiser878

ohio
Kaiser..... Rip, will be almost 6 months when we are in NoDak. Not my first rodeo, I will not be gunnin when handling the pup, and his old man will be backing to shag cripples and handle blinds. Its more about working the birds and dogs for me anymore. Plus dog handler does not have to clean birds. Hard to get 100 + retrieves in a season in Ohio. We get that in a week out there. It's alot of in your face pothole shooting with fairly easy retrieves. He will start hunt tests next spring!
Got ya... what's your 4 yo dogs name? did u run hunt tests with him?

tjeep

CPR HRCH Tiger Mountain Mister Cooper and I think he is lacking one pass for SH. His Sire is 4xGMPR Gavins Point Roughrider QAA MH. We do it more for fun and to keep him tuned up and in shape during the off season. I could care less about the ribbons. He is a handful 100% go which is what I want in a hunting dog!