Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Woodmaxx chipper 3pt

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It is a bit early for a review but I need to start sometime. I was shopping for a tractor mounted chipped and settled on this one.

Shipment? It arrived pretty close to the estimated date. They said 10-12 days. It was probably closer to 15-17 days. Good enough for me.

Assembly? There was some assembly, but not bad. Anyone capable of hooking to their tractor and using it should have no problem assembling it.

Quality? So far, it seems ok. PTO shaft came with it. Shaft looks different than I am used to seeing but time will tell if it holds up. The feed roller appears stout. The discharge chute is questionable in material thickness although the adjustability and base are impressive. The adjustable features in the 3pt pins was a nifty feature. They are adjustable and while I figured it wasnt going to matter, I ended up adjusting them for my specific tractor.

Effectiveness? I finished at 9pm last night so I really only fed it half a dozen limbs for less than 5min. Didn't want to wake the neighbors.

Initial review? I am pumped to use it more. I think it will get plenty of work. I am naming it (which I normally would NOT do.) In respect for our very own Dannman on TOO, this chipper will be known as "Big Dan."

uploadfromtaptalk1434192288680.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice looking machine, Phil. I think you'll get a ton of use out of it. What's the deal with the PTO?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice looking machine, Phil. I think you'll get a ton of use out of it. What's the deal with the PTO?

No name. Never seen one like it. Same basic PTO shaft as all the rest. Just had an odd color paint on it and slightly different style of sheer pin. Looked a bit Harbor Freight-ish. Time will tell.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Chipped one pile of brush last night. Worked like a champ. Went to the next pile to start, but had some people stop over and couldn't finish. Haven't really given it a difficult test yet. Nothing bigger than 3" diameter. It chewed that up and spit it out like it was nothing. We burn firewood to heat our house so I don't foresee me chipping much bigger unless we are on a job site and trying to reduce our trips hauling materials off site.