Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Blind bow shooting practice

yep about 50-100 arrows a day. however most people i know dont close their eyes myself included. I put a tape over my sight so i cant see the pins. I am shooting at a block without any markers or dots.

Last edited:

Kaiser878

ohio
When I have bouts of target panic I go back to this. When I was shooting competitively I did this for about 30 min a day

teej89

NE PA
Yup! I had terribly bad target panic, couldn't hit an 8" plate at 10 yds. Blank bale shot for one month at 2yds focusing on nothing but my shot sequence. A month later I was hitting asprins at 10yds. I'll always keep blank bale shooting in my routine from here on out, it does wonders.

rsmith

I can't remember what article I was reading but it says to actually not close your eyes, but use tape over your sight instead. They say that your eyes got straight when closed and relaxed so your eyes won't be "looking" towards your sight like they should. So they they recommend just using tape over your sight. Either way I have been battling target panic for the past 2 month and my routine consists of blank bale shooting 5-20 arrows depending on how I feel I am doing. Than I do 9-36 aiming at every circle on my target, 9 targets total but not releasing, just drawing, settling in, and setting my finger on the trigger and telling myself I am in control, do not release just aim. I feel I am doing great now and in another week or 2 I will be able to go outside and practice at 20 yards again.