Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Landscaping

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Our landscaping has gotten a little out of hand the last couple years as we get older. My wife and I both have bad backs and we can only do what we can do when we can.
My son called this morning and said he was sending 7 of his strong back workers from the shop to get everything in shape. He's instructions was to keep them busy and only on the outside. It's surprising what can be done by 7 healthy guys in 3 hrs. Got everything done across the front and start around the side and do the back tomorrow. Get couple truck loads of mulch tomorrow to spread.
Once it's done and mulched it will be easy to keep on top of it now.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Phil and Dustin and others I thank you for the kind words.
Couple of the guys came back today and worked couple hours. They got around 3 sides of the house. The edging is almost done and all the shrubs are all trimmed. Couple loads of mulch tomorrow should about rap it up. The garage side has never had the landscaping topsoil finished. I built the house in 1994, put the landscaping in 1996, then 30 days later I had my 1st open heart surgery, then 8 yrs. later had my 2nd open heart surgery. Then my back problem started and that caused a rough time keeping up. With the tractor with frontend loader I can haul topsoil in.
But I must say I feel the best now back and heart wise than for several years. I get my 6 month heart check up tomorrow and that's looking good. When I seen her 6 months ago I was told there was no need to do the 12 month heart echogram and extended it to 18 months as I've had a good improvement in heart function. Went from 40% to 50% plus and that difference sure made a difference.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The boys spread 12 yds. of mulch today. Probably need 16 yds. tomorrow.
My heart exam went very well today with noticed improvement. I had to go back on cholestral medicine again because my cholestral went up to 260 and with 2 heart implants I need to be at 70. All the cholesrtal medicine causes me to have muscle pain and I have to stop taking every medicine I've been on. We discussed the stinging nettle I've been doing for 2 weeks. The Doctor calls it 'vodo medicine' and from what she read it causes no harm to my heart so continue using it. The Doctor and nurse are both going to try it themselves.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The guys got finish spreading the mulch today. It took 31 yds. of mulch. It sure does look nice around here. Now it will be a simple job of just knocking the weeds down that come up through the mulch. But on a downside we can't open the windows at night until it rains to knock down the smell.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Got finished spreading the mulch and 60 minutes later it is pouring rain. This rain will help the food plot I planted 5 days ago.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good deal Frank, can you post any pictures of how it looks? My retaining wall project is moving along.... No mulch but lots of topsoil lol....

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Looking good Frank.... I like the brick work on the house.... Don't see too many of those anymore....

Thanks as the brick work is 1st class with 'coined corners'. The SIL was one of the best brick layers there was but just lacking in other departments.